Update: Added the walkthrough by WTFosaurus.
Long Live the Princess version 0.29.0 is now available for download.
Oh boy, this update really turned out to be something special, I think. It's not the most significant update in terms of gameplay length (far from it, in fact), and it doesn't contain even a single new sex scene. What, then, makes it stand out?
First of all, version 0.29 finally lets you confront the Crone about all the secrets she has been keeping. Who is she really? What is it she seeks to achieve, and why? You're about to learn the answers to all those questions and more. The LLtP community has speculated about the Crone and her identity for a long, long time. A rare few people got it almost entirely right, but most have been off in one way or another. We'll finally be able to lay those theories to rest this month. It feels great to finally reach this conclusion that we have been working our way towards for so long. You'll find that I laid the groundwork for this update already in the first few versions I ever released of this game.
Second, I took the plunge, at last, and polished the hell out of the menus and the early parts of the tutorial. I believe that first impressions are incredibly important, yet those have always been LLtP's weakest point. The main menu has been dominated by Princess Placeholder, a generic Daz model that was never really supposed to be in the game. She's gone now, replaced with... something else. You'll see when you boot the game up.
The tutorial got a minor rewrite alongside a series of new renders to replace the ones previously used for Evelyn's and Primrose's introductions. Evelyn's new renders are mostly just a facelift. The old ones looked like the kind of crap inexperienced devs make with Daz, which makes sense. After all, I was inexperienced myself when I made these. Primrose's new renders are a more significant change, and one for the better. There is also a brand new, though short, intro sequence before we see Evelyn for the first time. Even if you've played the game before, I strongly recommend at least checking out this new opening.
We also have a brand new music player in the gallery. Now you won't just unlock sex scenes as you play the game, but music as well. Any musical track you come across automatically unlocks in the gallery, allowing you to listen to them at your leisure as well as look up their names and composers. Handy!
This update contains a lot more than just this, but it's mostly minor things. Still, these small features add up, with the end result being a far more polished, professional game experience as we prepare to head into the endgame. I definitely feel like these changes were worth the time investment, and I hope you all agree.
Walkthrough (Updated for 0.29.0 by WTFosaurus. Originally written by Augustus Commodus)
- Implemented the Crone's secret. This is a big one, folks.
- You can now learn the Probe Memories spell, though there is no content for it yet.
- Removed all traces of Princess Placeholder. Among other things, this means we get a new main menu background.
- Added a brand new intro upon starting a new game.
- Rewrote parts of Evelyn's and Primrose's introduction in the tutorial to match the rest of the game's tone better.
- Created new images for both of those sections to lift the graphical quality and fix a few annoying issues.
- Added a music player to the gallery. Music tracks unlock as you discover them in the game.
- Added a new musical track.
- Updated multiple old scenes to support the new events in this update.
- Added more character pages to the scene replay gallery. They are empty, for now.
- Hopefully fixed the bug with Callie refusing to have sex for no reason. Existing saves should be repaired automatically.
- You can now obtain a fingerbone even after Nell is gone.
- Belle now points you in the right direction if you fail the vision quest puzzle while missing a vital clue.
- Fixed visual bugs in the river scene.
- Various tweaks and fixes.