Episode 59: For more than 15 years, fertility expert, Marc Sklar, has been helping couples struggling to conceive and have healthy babies. In addition to his Masters of Science, Marc trained at the Harvard Medical School, Mind/Body Medical Institute. He is the creator of MarcSklar.com andReproductiveWellness.com, and he’s the co-author of Secret to Conception. Marc lives in San Diego, with his wife and two sons. If you’re ready to start a family, Marc can help!
I had Marc on the show today because I still have tons of questions about how to get your period back, for those of us that have struggled with over exercising and excessive dieting. This recording is a little choppy because we had a rough internet connection, but hopefully you enjoy it nonetheless!
Here’s what we discuss:
- How Marc became “The Fertility Expert”
- In depth explanation of amenorrhea and how it begins
- Just because yoga sounds more relaxing, doesn’t make it so
- Finding the right balance for movement and exercise to get (and keep) your period
- Marc’s favourite recommendation for contraception
- The danger of having an IUD (yikes!)
- The nutrient that is almost always needed to get your period back