Marketing Blend Got Page Ranked and Died Happily. Yes, it was a glorious moment. My page was ranked! However, it happened Google PageRank
is no more. Google has decided to retire PageRank. It really should not be a big surprise. Google PageRank was an older way or categorizing search queries
. It was a great way of doing things in the beginning of search on the internet, but there are many other factors that contribute to web pages
being in the top search results.
- Great Content
- AMP and mobile ready
- SSL certificates and HTTPS on your URL address
Those are just some examples that Google factors in for search queries. PageRank had it's time in the sun, now, it will be a part of tech history.
Marketing news I talk about:
- Pinterest opening up more tools for small to medium size businesses
- Peeple will be a headache for marketers if it takes off
- Twitter Moments gets an AMP boost
- Facebook acquires Masquerade
- PageRank was great for its time, now it's time to end it.
- PageRank is old in tech years.
- Facebook's acquisition is a sound business move
- Filter have been immensely popular on SnapChat
- I can see live video getting filter integration and then being frightened