I plan to cover:
- Conference Talks
A guide to blogging, YouTube and conferences to help you improve your career by making your work and thoughts visible to the test community:
- Why Get your message out?
- Intro to Blogging
- What to blog about?
- blogging Lessons Learned Summary Tracking
- get started blogging checklist
- Lessons on Video Creation
- Speaking Concerns at conferences
- Repeating a Conference Talk
Blogging Case Study:
Conference Case Studies:
- Conference Case Study Intro
- Conference Case Study Idea
- Conference Case Study Mindmap braindump
- Conference Case Study Mindmap and structure
- Conference Case Study - Eurostar 2018 Keynote
- Conference Case Study - The Silent Run Through Milestone
- Conference Case Study - Agile Testers Conference 2018 - prep
- Conference Case Study - Agile Testers Conference - Retrospective
Questions it needs to answer are:
- how to select topics?
- target market
- who to aim at?
- what knowledge should I assume from them?
- how fast do I train/present?
- how do I know what they need?
- what medium should I use?
- what tools to create videos?
- what writing tools?
- what formatting tools?
- handling doubts
- writers block
- fear of camera
- fear of presenting on stage
- how to plan material? outlines? mind-maps?
- how to promote your content
- how to pitch your content
- how to monetise your content
This will be an ongoing micro course for a while but I'll collate the contents in this post.
I'm also going to go 'behind the scenes' of some of the upcoming conferences and training courses I working on, how I prepare, how I write blogs etc.