Because of this turn of events, I've been revisiting some of the songs Iearned when I was there in 2011 and again in 2014, working with my mentor Dr. Sheasby Matiure to learn songs from the makwayera tradition. On that first trip, the U.S. Embassy sponsored a workshop in American Gospel singing that I led with a group of 100+ Zimbabwean University students. At the end of that workshop, which was fantastic, the students spontaneously erupted into this song to show their gratitude. The repeated chorus is Ndi Mwari Wakanaka, which means God is good.
The joy that is so abundant here and in the other videos is such an inspiration to me.
I'm going to post a couple of other videos from those trips. I hope you enjoy them half as much as I enjoyed being there.
Fambai Zvakanaka (Go well)
Pledge $0 or more per month
Pledge $0.01 or more per month
- Thanks for your support in exploring this new platform with me. At this level, your reward is access to the patron-only feed. Thank you so much!
- Like the 'fellow travelers', you're here to help and explore this new platform with me but maybe you're feeling a little more stable financially. Thank you so much for the support. This level gets access to the patron-only feed and mp3s of whatever rough mixes I'm working on.
- You are truly invested in my success and I am so grateful. In addition to the patron-only feed, mp3s, and 10% discount, you also get:
- Universal concert passes for two
- For the rest of time, your tickets are on me. Patrons must have a minimum of 2 months of full patronage to qualify. Tickets are non-transferable. Offer expires if you cancel or downgrade.