Please read and share my latest article, "Donald Trump: Anti-Capitalist."
In this article, I review six ways that Trump opposes capitalism. Here are the highlights:
1. Trump threatened Amazon with political reprisals via tax and antitrust enforcement.
2. Trump praises eminent domain, and his businesses have threatened to use it.
3. Trump has threatened a “trade war” with other nations.
4. Trump wants to restrict immigration on explicitly protectionist grounds.
5. Trump relied on subsidies and discriminatory taxation to get ahead in business.
6. Trump financed anti-gambling campaigns in New York to protect his gambling operations in Atlantic City.
Thank you for helping to make my work possible. Soon I'll release my next Patron Newsletter, in which I'll discuss Trump and the mob, drug war injustices, and the films Unexpected and East Side Sushi. If you are not yet a contributor at the $2 or higher level, you may do that now to get access to the next newsletter. (As always, you may set a monthly cap on your contributions if you want.)
Thank you, -Ari