Another news update to keep you abreast of what's going on behind the scene.
I've started uploading the first batch of lessons into the online platform that will be used to deliver the program to kids, hopefully, anywhere in the world. I'm doing this for a couple main reasons:
1. to become familiar with the ins and outs of the system.
2. to see if the format of lessons I'm creating is compatible with said system and what needs adjusting.
I've come to a few conclusions.
First off, yes, what I'm doing will work just fine in general, a big relief obviously, though I will from now on break concepts down to smaller sections.
Second, I'm highly considering trying out a few videos (I know, right!!!). What might take me 3 pages to explain can be quickly done in a 5 minute video, a format that is very much in line with this type of program anyway.
I'll film with my iphone in all probability, with the potential of upgrading to better equipment once the program is viable.
Third, there's a quiz form I can plug in along the way so kids can check in on what they're learning. I'm sure they'll love that!
I'm very optimistic about this development. It does give a slightly more concrete feel to what I'm doing, with a sense that this crazy idea of mine is indeed possible.
A few more features I like:
- Documents can be viewed online only if I want to keep this for members only.
- There's a downloadable features for those few elements that need to be printed.
- Documents, pdf, video, images - all types of media can be used.
- There's a progress bar of sorts so students can come in and out of the system and get right back to where they left of.
- Lessons must be completed to access the following lessons.
This just to name a few. There are so many details and features it can be a bit overwhelming at first, but I think I've got the basics of it under control. Enough to get started anyway. It's all about jumping in and learning along the way.
On another note, art rewards for this month are on the way.
Summer break is under 4 weeks away... yeah! We're hitting the points where students are increasingly restless and teachers tired and burned out. Interesting combination for sure.
This summer I plan on diving into the AVZ program (nearly) full time and getting back into creating new art and sketches, some of which you will receive as the monthly rewards. I also want to increase the patronage on this page.
Thanks for sticking with me.