One of the things I said in my parting post for my Patheos blog is that I had stopped bounding out of bed to opine on this and that. I hadn't posted much in a year because I couldn't think of anything to write.
Right now I'm having the opposite problem, and because I know how busy my brain is when I'm like this, I'm trying to figure out the right pace for posts. Once a week? Twice a week? Of course, I can always WRITE things willy-nilly, then schedule them to post at a reasonable pace, thus saving up my words for a rainy day when I have run out of things to say for the moment. But here are some topics I am pondering:
- The colors of magic: "White" magic vs "black" magic. Gray magic. Red magic. Green magic. Are we talking about morals, types of forces, types of spirits? Are these categories reconcilable with one another?
- My ancestor altar, what it looks like and why. Bonus commentary on being influenced by another tradition.
- House cleansing and warding.
- How I wound up with nightshade hanging up on my porch. Wading in the swamp and other ways to know you have leveled up as a witch.
- My thoughts on the Grimoirum Verum as translated/commented upon by Jake Stratton-Kent
- My thoughts on Betz' translation of the PGM (Greek Magical Papyri), including various written and spoken charms and how that relates to the tradition of same and a specific written charm I am planning to make and use.
- My non-ooky adaptation of one of the gruesome rituals related in the PGM and my theological justifications for same.
- How love spells are curses, and...
- The dead in magic
- Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics
- My life as a professional psychic, including learning how to manage my own energy and that of other people.
- Magical backlog: Why spells sometimes don't work, and then drop all at once...
AND SO ON. I have just outlined six weeks' worth of writing, assuming a pace of twice a week. That assumes no sidetracking or additional sudden ideas, which is...not a very likely assumption.
So, yeah. This was the right idea :)