Here's Part 1 of my Yearly Review/Preview series!
"Movement" was my theme for 2018. I wanted to set an intention of seeing more movement in my life. That could take the form of dance, or seeing forward movement in my projects. I wanted movement, and movement I got. Last year resulted in a lot of new things prepped for the future, and it was quite an achievement to get this far. Here are a few highlights (watch the video to get a more info):
Q1 - Family and Personal Growth
This period was filled with personal concerns, mostly. I acted as caretaker for a couple of relatives this year, mostly during the 1st quarter. The rest of the time was mostly spent on writing.
- I obtained a position with an online marketing company as a blog writer. This position gave me quite a bit of new experience to use with all my other writings. I was so thankful for this time.
- I continued work on my four blogs, including prepping for Autism Acceptance Month on Changeling: The Ongoing Journey of an Aspie.
Q2 - Social
The spring saw a lot of social events and social media marketing. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Began at a new gym, because fitness.
- Plays, weddings, art events
- Local photo shoots - mostly impromptu.
- Participated in movement study.
- Creative Time
- 3 paintings for Totems show (debuted in July)
- Comic Con
- 2 video shoots
- Domino cosplay
Q3 - Work Work Work
This month was all about output. In particular, I did two major launches after debuting three new paintings in the Totems show. Sadly, I had to put blog posting mostly on ice for the time being, and I wasn't able to get back to it.
- Tricky Fish Photography website - I'd been waiting years to get this one done, so I was thrilled to finally bring that one to fruition.
- Patreon - I got my Patreon page up and running this year, a real game changer! Join me there (if you haven't already) and see what all the fuss is about!
Q4 - Arcadian Gypsy & Wrapping up the Year
I don't know if it's poetic or simply appropriate that the year ended in a similar fashion to the beginning. There was a lot of time spent with the fam and quite a bit of reflection in the mix. Mostly, though, I worked on sales for the Arcadian Gypsy. Along with the launch of many new products, there was a big focus on social media marketing. I also got to do a little experimentation with essential oils.
Come back tomorrow for Part 2!