This week I've got a really quick video that will show you how to peel garlic pretty much like magic. I'm hoping to start having a skill video and a recipe video each week, but it will all depend on how much time I've got.
Have a great holiday weekend in the USA and don't be too tempted by things you know you shouldn't eat. Don't deprive yourself, but make smart choices!
Both the shortribs and the chicken salad call for marination time. Plan ahead!
For the salmon, you can obviously choose to forego the cedar plank and just grill right on the grate, use foil, or even bake or broil the fish.
☐ 10 tablespoons water
Canned and Jar Goods
☐ 1 cup chicken broth
☐ ¾ cup canned coconut milk
☐ ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives (or black olives), sliced (optional)
☐ 2 tablespoons tomato paste
☐ ¼ tsp garam masala
☐ 4 lbs. beef short ribs;
☐ 1.5-2 lbs chicken breasts (or whatever suits your fancy)
☐ (1 pound | 500 g) 4 skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breasts)
☐ 1 cedar grilling plank;
☐ ½ cup coconut aminos;
Oils and Dressings
☐ 5 tablespoons olive oil
☐ 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
☐ ¼ cup white wine vinegar;
☐ 1 avocado, sliced
☐ 2 2/3 tbsps basil
☐ 1 tbsp. bell pepper, chopped;
☐ 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1 cubes (i used yellow and red)
☐ ½ head cauliflower
☐ ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered;
☐ 1 large cucumber, diced
☐ 4 2/3 tablespoons garlic
☐ 5 garlic cloves
☐ juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
☐ Lemon wedges, to serve
☐ 1 medium onion, diced
☐ 1 red onion, sliced
☐ 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
☐ 2 green onions, thinly sliced;
☐ 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
☐ 1 Asian pear, peeled and finely grated;
☐ cracked pepper, to taste
☐ 2 medium yellow potatoes, halved and sliced
☐ 4 roma tomatoes
☐ 4 cups Romaine (or Cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
☐ 1 shallot, finely chopped;
☐ ½ cup dried tomatoes, roughly chopped;
Sauces and Condiments
☐ ½ cup raw honey;
☐ 4 salmon fillets, skin on;
Spices and Seasonings
☐ ¼ tsp chili powder
☐ ¼ tsp coriander powder
☐ 4-6 tablespoons curry powder
☐ 1 tablespoon ground ginger
☐ 1 teaspoon dried oregano
☐ dash of red pepper flakes
☐ salt and pepper, to taste
☐ ½ tsp turmeric
Prep 10 mins Cook 8 hours Makes 6-8 Source Paleomg.com
1. Grab out your crock pot!! Wooooo crock pot time!
2. Add in the coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and whisk together.
3. Add in peppers and onions.
4. Next, add in chicken and pour broth over the chicken.
5. Mix all ingredients together to completely cover the chicken in the curry mixture.
6. Cover and cook at low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
7. Then eat it in a cute Tupperware bowl. Or plate....be that way.
Makes Serves: 4 Source Cafedelites.com
Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large jug. Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows). While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.
Add ½ cup crumbled feta to give the salad an even better flavour!
1. Soak the plank in water 1 to 2 hours.
2. Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat, for indirect cooking.
3. In a food processor combine the dried tomatoes, garlic, shallots, olive oil, basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
4. Season the salmon fillets to taste, and rub some tomato pesto over them.
5. Place the plank over the heat until warm; then arrange the salmon on top.
6. Reduce the heat to medium. Move the plank to indirect heat (where it isn’t directly over the flame) and cook for 12 to 15 min.
7. Serve the salmon with tomato pesto and cherry tomatoes on top.
1. In a bowl, make the sauce by combining everything but the short ribs. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
2. Place the short ribs in a marinating container (glass or plastic) and cover with the sauce. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
3. Preheat your oven to 300 F.
4. Place the ribs in a Dutch oven with the marinade.
5. Roast in the oven until cooked through and tender, about 2 hours.
6. Transfer the ribs to a serving platter and serve.
Source My cook in India
Chop all veggies. Cut cauliflower into small florets.
Over medium-high heat, sauté onion until translucent in a small bit of oil.
Add cauliflower, sauté ~ 2 minutes.
Add potato, sauté another ~ 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and spices. Cover and summer until potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
Add cilantro for garnish
Note: you can substitute chopped green beans or large chunks of green bell pepper for the cauliflower for something different (aloo beans or aloo capsicum)