Latest Version: v0.0.3f13 (2/11/2019)
Download (Windows/Mac/Linux, $5+ patrons only)
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR WAITING!! These last two months were a wild ride for development, but the pieces are finally falling into place and I feel like I can truly proceed with new enemy types, stages, puzzles, what have you. This project would've have gotten anywhere this far without your help, and I appreciate it more than anything ~❤
Please keep in mind that updates may be a little slow for a bit as I'll be shifting to a planning phase, although a good amount of concept art will be uploaded during this time. Thank you for understanding!
- Removed 2/3 hit combo, attacks are slightly slower but can be performed infinitely
- Staff no longer does damage to stunned enemies
- Puro moves forward less if the stick isn't touched while attacking. Pushing in the direction of the attack makes her move as far as before
- Grabbing an enemy immediately after stunning them results in a different grab animation
- Added "auto attack" option to the debug menu as an accessibility option - Puro will keep attacking automatically as long as attack is held while facing an enemy. This will be canceled if she misses, is blocked, or the enemy is grabbed.
- Pressing start while in a sub-menu of the pause menu now backs out of that menu instead of unpausing the game. Does not apply to the debug menu.
- Significantly improved timing of attack inputs
- Increased health of crates slightly, now requiring three staff hits or two melee item hits.
- Thrown weapons can now hit multiple crates in a row, instead of shattering with the first one hit
- Deflected baseballs in the batting cage now restores health.
- Attacks now have less starting lag. Total time to perform the attack remains unchanged
- Slightly improved hit detection for fastballs
- Fixed bug where Puro could start moving around freely during an attack if attacks were spaced out slightly
- Fixed bug where Puro could resume attacking immediately after performing a dodge attack
- Fixed major bug that would reset player settings to their saved settings every time a new room was entered
- Fixed serious camera issue that would be caused by pausing in certain circumstances and could only be fixed by restarting the game
- Fixed bug where stunned enemies would do damage on contact if the player bounced off of them
- Fixed bug where the player could take a weapon with them to the HUB area by pausing and entering it via the debug menu while the grab animation was playing but before the item was grabbed
- Puro's hat now flashes along with the rest of her when she takes damage
- Training dummy now properly shows the staff does zero damage
- Fixed issue where repeatedly attacking the training dummy would change Puro's attacks to consistently deal triple damage
- Melee combo is now every so slightly slower
- Adjusted timer for bouncing, players that get trapped between an enemy and a wall will no longer get stuck
- Further adjusted bounce direction, players will now bounce in the direction held if they land near the center of an enemy's head
- The weapon dropped by the Snapper now allows for a 3-hit combo
- Stunned enemies no longer do damage on contact
- Player is pushed away from the enemy when bouncing off of them instead of just Puro's backwards direction
- Improved detection for the autograb somewhat
- Significantly optimized save times
- Game now slows down when it drops below 20fps, to prevent the player from falling through everything
- Added option to have the game automatically pause if the application loses focus
- Staff now has a unique swing and hit effect
- Unique sound now plays when an enemy is stunned
- Fixed magpad cling particle missing
- Dying in the batting cage no longer increases the pitching rate
- Snappers now respawn when dying/resetting a room
- Dodging no longer cancels blink time
- Dive Drifters can not longer be pushed around
- Fixed lower platforms in enemy test from being too close together
- Puro can move sooner after recoiling from hitting a shatter stone
- Stun effects no longer linger when resetting a room
- Fixed Puro sliding forwards when attacking enemies to the left (she slides forwards a bit when attacking but stops automatically when close enough to an enemy)
- Improved (but didn't entirely fix) camera flipping out after hitting a fastball
- Camera trigger at top of tower works again
- Fixed various pause menu bugs
- Added the Staff of Ruyi, a weapon Puro has by default! It isn't very powerful, but can stun enemies, deflect projectiles, and break crates. You can still get items for enemies, just as before.
- Pressing jump in the air when not carrying an item will make Puro do a little twirl that gives a little bit more airtime. This is reset every time you land or double-jump with an item.
- Puro's got a new hat!
- Hats are now customizable! There are three in this build, accessible via the pause menu.
- The doorway near the top of the tower has been opened!
- Two new enemies, though one is using a recolored driftered model atm.
- Puro will still attempt to grab enemies that are vulnerable to grabs when facing them with the attack button. This can be turned off in options.
- Updated control scheme! Mag is now a dedicated grab/throw button, and the action button will now attack with the staff when not carrying an item.
- Added a "Legacy Controls" option which makes the controls work closer to earlier builds.
- Two-handed melee weapons can hit multiple enemies in a row when thrown.
- Added shatter stone, which can only be broken by throwing an item at it
- Puro will no longer slide off ledges while attacking
- A "quickdodge" option has been added, which makes Q and E/L2 and R2 dodge left/right, respectively.
- Added a health pickup, with temporary model.
- Landing in the middle of an aerial attack has ending lag
- Throwing a two-handed weapon has more ending lag
- There's a small amount of recoil when throwing in the air
- Distance of dodge has been tweaked
- Attack combo has been reduced from three swings to two. This may be reverted in a future update.
- Most weapons now are held with two hands, with a few animation changes to match
- Small tweaks to various particle effects
- Fixed issue where swing effect direction would change if the attack was interrupted with another action
- Improvements to camera movement
- To go with the new control scheme, the Advanced Magpad, Shatterjump Input, and Quick Mag Button options have been removed.
- Quick double-jump is still present, but requires legacy controls be enabled.
- The movement Puro does when attacking is generally cleaner
- A lot of bugs have been removed int general just from changes to the mechanics, so, you know, not much to list here
Note: There is currently a saving bug that is being worked around by saving only when quitting the game, but this leads to the game hanging for a bit when doing so. It shouldn't last more than a few seconds, though.