i have a surprise THING coming at you later today - i am finally releasing the live footage we shot at BRIGHTON FESTIVAL!!! hoorah - but right now i need to get this one out the door.
in good music news: my soul-sister JASON WEBLEY and i have recorded our long-beloved song "electric blanket".
we also just recorded another (secret) song and are going to release them as a little 2-fer-one Thing and print a 7" - both songs are deliciously beautiful...
AND...we've been working behind the scenes for a few months on a VIDEO CONCEPT for "electric blanket" and have hired our old friend hoku uchiyama, who did the "have you seen my sister evelyn" genius-work-o-animation video!
if you missed that when it came out, it's here, and it's still impossible to figure out HOW THEY DID THAT:
AND NOW....hoku and jason, armed with a script that we've all been working on together, are going to make this short-film/music-video next month in LOS ANGELES!! according to hoku, this video would normally cost a fortune, but we are trying to make it for under $20k. here's hoping we stay on budget. and, as usual, to pull that off, we are going to need some help…
if you can help with anything below, send an email to [email protected] by sunday, july 29th and he'll get back to you early next week.
Looking for a couple dozen actors/extras for a video being shot in LA the second week of August. Acting experience is a plus, but not needed. We need people of all backgrounds and ages.
A few specific folks we are looking for:
Young boy age 10-12
Older people ages 70+
A fit couple in their 30sA couple in their mid-20s
Those are just a few, we also need a handful of other people of all ages and genders.
There will be some compensation. Much of the shooting will be at night. Please send a photo, availability and contact info and we’ll be in touch!
We don’t really have a budget for locations, and are hoping to find a bunch of pretty specific places. If you think you can help, let us know. We’d like to keep options within the Thirty Mile Zone (Roughly a 30 mile radius from central LA).
1. Suburban house with an accessible roof that is safe to have a few people on it. Preferably well-lit with street lights. Low traffic and not a lot of cars parked on the street a big plus. Chimney is also a plus.
2. A department store where we can film in the early morning - like Target or Walmart. If you manage or work at a place that we might be able to get away with doing some filming before opening, that would be amazing.
3. Nursing home, hospice, or similar space - a clinical place with a large interior corridor.
4. A home with fireplace in the living room and a boy’s bedroom on 1st floor with a large window.
5. College dorm room
6. Convenience store parking lot. 7-11 or similar. We could try to do this guerrilla, but it would be great to have permission.
7. A small bakery or donut shop, with workers, at night.
8. A creative looking, hip loft space - the focus of this scene is the bed.
9. A plain, sterile office space. Possibly a cubicle.
HAVE WE SPOILED THE ENTIRE PLOT???
- Someone with experience with rigging - we have a weird thing (pulley system) we’re trying to do that maybe you can help with.
- A couple puppeteers. (anyone a puppeteer?)
- People with art department skills, fabrication skills, sewing skills, etc… who would want to help in prep or in production.
------THE NEVER-ENDING AS ALWAYS---------
1. if you’re a patron, please click through to comment on this post. at the very least, if you’ve read it, indicate that by using the heart symbol.
2. see All the Things i've made so far on patreon: http://amandapalmer.net/patreon-things
3. join the official AFP-patron facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/afpland
4. new to my music and TOTALLY OVERWHELMED? TAKE A WALK THROUGH AMANDALANDA….we made a basic list of my greatest hits n stuff on this lovely page: http://amandalanda.amandapalmer.net/
5. general AFP/patreon-related questions? ask away, someone will answer: [email protected]