I'm back! I got a new phone! I can RAMBLE!
(And of course listening back to this I realize it was WINDY, augh. I promise I will nail the technology that allows me to do this in the quality I so desperately desire while still walking...someday. I stop moving around so much at minute 11 and the wind sounds do subside, promise.)
- Opening poem: Creation Story by Tara Shepersky
- The Poetry Revival World Tour of America & Write Bloody Publishing
- My pal, cartoonist Matt Bogart
- Derek DelGaudio's In & Of Itself (here's the NYT article that made me want to see the show at all costs)
- Anis Mojgani performing "Closer" (here in Portland at Mother Foucault's Bookstore at 8am on a Saturday morning—I know because I was there, you can see me on the left smiling and crying a lot)
- The interview Glenn Fleishman shared that I couldn't recall was this conversation with Jack Kornfield
- Benedict Cumberbatch reading a letter from Sol Lewitt to Eva Hesse
- (Martha Graham writing to her student Agnes de Mille)
- And, related, the entire Letters Live community
I'll leave you with another line from a poem Anis performed during the Revival show, which felt so fitting for these times it seemed impossibly prophetic:
"...you'll wonder where the water is taking you and how long it will be before it brings you there and what there will be like, if it'll be like here on the river with all of us sitting in our boxes trying to split the dark by sharing our voice with others, if it'll be like how it was in the world before this one."
(I strongly suggest you watch the whole thing.)
Love you all,
P.S. If you want to record a reply, or just chat about what's new in your world this week, the Reciprocal Ramble Dropbox for this installment is here.
Become a patron to
Unlock 335 exclusive posts
Connect via private message