Thank you for joining us for the WLD 057. In this episode we’ll be discussing the strongest fish and chips ever, a mystery story, and we’re giving one of our listeners a sonic foamer, whether they want one or not. So crack open your beer, uncork that wine, and let’s get drinking.
- Welcome to episode 57, drinkers. Before we get started with the show I have a request. If you have an opinion on our podcast, we want to hear about it. So, please, take a few minutes to let us know what you think by leaving us a review on iTunes. It’s the best way to share what you think of what we do with others, and your reviews help other drinkers find our show so they can join in on the chaos. Thank you in advance for your continued support and assistance, now with that out of the way, let’s find out who we’re drinking with tonight.
Panel Introductions (15 minutes)
- A finalist in the 2013 Wine Blog Awards, a certified California Sustainable Winegrowing Ambassador, and the founder of the stay rad wine blog… Don’t feel too bad, Cam Newton, Jeff wouldn’t have jumped on that football either… Jeff “The King of All Wine Media” Solomon. Jeff is drinking Sierra Nevada Otra Vez Gose-Style Ale w/ Cactus and Grapefruit
- He’s a member of the American Homebrewers Association and a professional brewer with Angry Goats Brewery Costa Rica… And he’s been moonlighting as one of Beyonce’s backup dancers… John Ruyak. John is drinking Ambar; a Costa Rican craft beer. Marzen style
- My name is Jeff Eckles, I’m a certified specialist of wine, and your host for these festivities… And my favorite song by Coldplay is the one where they do a bunch of “ooooh”s and “aaaahhh”s in the chorus... Tonight I’m drinking...
Booze News - Where we discuss interesting, noteworthy, or idiotic stories. (15 minutes)
- Jeff E - It's not the fish, it's you! http://newschannel9.com/news/offbeat/man-convicted-of-drunk-driving-blames-beer-battered-fish
- Another way to never drink alone… http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/dbtv/man-builds-robot-drinking-buddy/
- We need a “Jump to conclusions” mat ASAP - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/man-lives-to-107-by-only-drinking-red-wine-a6854906.html
- Jeff S. - Peyton Manning’s unpaid Budweiser mention worth 13.9 Million Bucks… http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_29491521/mannings-budweiser-mention-valued-at-13-9-million
Ask The Panel - Where you get to ask us a question about wine or beer. If you have a question you want answered just email us at [email protected]. If we read your question on the air you’ll get some cool WLD SWAG. (10 Minutes)
- Hugh Jasoll, from Down Under asks; why does Budweiser insist on these macrobrew SB ads and yet continue to buy out successful craft breweries?
What’s up? What do you have your eyes on or what do you have coming up. (10 minutes)
- John R- my newly acclimated assistant brewer will be brewing her own batch sometime in the next week
- Jeff S -
- Jeff E - Sonic Foamer Contest Winner
- Society of Wine Educators Book Giveaway Announcement
- Next Week - Get your porter shoes on it’s time for #WorldPorterDay. Download the show and drink a porter or two with us on Feb 19.
Last call - Time to clean house and lock the doors (10 minutes)
- Hey Jeff Solomon? What is your favorite social media platform to connect with listeners on? What are some other social ways people can reach us?
- Hey John Ruyak? Do you consume the We Like Drinking podcast each and every week?. How do you consume it?
- I mentioned iTunes at the beginning of the show, and let me tell you something. We turn into absolute crazy people every time we get a review. We love them, we feed off them, and we take what is said in your reviews to heart. So we’d love it if you’d help feed our addiction and give us an honest review of what you think of the show.
- And then there are our financial supporters. The folks that keep the lights on and help keep the show going, our Patrons. It’s really simple, if you receive any kind of value from our show and want to help us out in kind visit WLD.com/pledge. There are several pledge levels you can get in on, starting at $.50 an episode. One pledge level I have to comment on this week is our $2/show level. Guac story.
- Now to encourage you to take at least one of these actions it’s time for another round of…. Wait, who subscribed? Where I take a quote from someone fictional or non-fictional, and twist it around to relate to our podcast somehow.
Our panel of characters likes social media. In case our listeners want to find their favorite panel members online where can the find you guys...
- Jeff S - Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @JeffisRad. I’m on Untappd as KingOfAllWineMedia. Watch my Stay Rad Wine Blog TV videos on YouTube and StayRadWineBlog.com
- Jim - untapped
- John R - Untappd as Brewhack and Vivino as ABQwinenewb. Check out Angry Goats Brewery CR on Facebook, and ya know,l the AGB episode is still the most downloaded episode in WLD history!
- Jeff E - You can find me on Twitter, Vivino and Untappd, all at jeffeckles
You can also find the show notes for this episode with all the links to the stories or mentions we had at http://welikedrinking.com/podcast
OK panel, let’s take one last trip around the table and get some final thoughts before we shut off the lights.
- John R
- Jeff S
Thanks again for joining us at the We Like Drinking Podcast….where you’ll never drink alone.