What is Red Embrace: Paradisus?
Red Embrace: Paradisus is an immersive vampire sim/narrative RPG. Inspired by Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Disco Elysium, and the Shadowrun series, RE:P seeks to create a dark, fully story-driven vampire experience with branching narrative and multiple endings.
Set in 1999 Las Vegas, the game follows a newly turned vampire (you!) as they set foot into the underworld. Strange people, psychedelic adventures, terrible secrets, and (optional) twisted romance all unravel before you.
We aim to present a world with diverse characters and identities, as well as implementing inclusive options to make RE:P enjoyable for as many players as possible.
❖ Wishlist RE:P on Steam ❖
❖ Follow RE:P on Itch ❖
The Alpha for RE:P is playable by all Patrons $5+! READ THE INSTRUCTIONS HERE!
We currently release monthly Patreon updates for the RE:P alpha, until we’re ready to enter Steam Early Access—hopefully sometime in 2023.
The funds from Patreon will go towards RE:P’s development, and the community will also be able to contribute to the final game through feedback, suggestions, polls, and playtesting.
Thinking about signing up? Keep reading for more details!
Alpha Details (important!)
Please make sure you read the details below before joining the alpha, so you know what to expect!
How does the alpha work?
- All Patrons at the Orb ($5) tier and up will receive access to the monthly alpha updates (while still a Patron)
- Joining our Discord will grant you a Steam key + access to Patron-exclusive alpha discussion channels
- The alpha Steam key will also grant access to the full game upon release
- Each month, we release new content and fixes, as well as content voted on by Patrons
What should I expect in the alpha?
It’s important to note that this alpha is NOT for the complete game. The ongoing prototype will slowly be adding new areas, NPCs, quests, and traits/skills over time. Vote in our polls to let us know what you want to see next!
Some features we have currently:
- MC portrait customization (more customizations planned, such as new faces/hairs, color pickers for hair/eye/skin color)
- Placeholder MC 3D model customization
- Skills and traits that change narrative/choices
- First hub area (Chinatown) + interior locations to explore
- Main quests + (currently 1) side quest
- Many NPCs to chat with
- Functioning save/load system
- Roughly 3+ hours of gameplay
** All content (lighting, animations, music, 3D models, etc.) is a work-in-progress. It is not a complete and accurate representation of the final game.
For those who would rather wait for a more polished, complete version of the game—we’ll still be posting regularly here to keep you updated on our progress! You’re very welcome to join our Discord and participate in the community while waiting, too.
Thank you so much for your support thus far! Many exciting things are to come, and we're very much looking forward to this long journey together.