I recently shared a bunch of resources on the Rescue Dynamic with someone who was struggling in his romantic relations, and I thought y'all might like to have all the RD resources in one location.
1) The Rescue chapter from Access to Power: A Radical Approach for Changing Your Life.
2) An article I wrote for the Embodiment Journal, Volume 1 entitled "The Embodied Rescue Dynamic -- Get Unstuck by Listening to Your Body, Asking for 100% of What You Want and Negotiating New Agreements."
3) An essay I wrote "Ask for 100% of What You Want."
4) The Rescue Dynamic image included above, as drawn by Miranda Currie. It features the Depletion/Repletion scale created by Julia Kelliher, the triangle depiction of the Rescue Dynamic originally imagined by Stephen Karpman and added to by the Radical Therapy Collective, a description of Cooperation featuring the Radical Therapy Collective's Cooperative Contract, a definition of Power Plays and the Five Responses to a Power Play that I learned from Claude Steiner's book The Other Side of Power.
5) Here's my YouTube playlist for the Rescue Dynamic.
We will be discussing the Rescue Dynamic in the 2018 Cooperative Communication course this June. It's not too late to jump into that course if you would like to learn more.
I hope this is helpful to you. I'm interested in any questions or comments you have about the Rescue Dynamic.
All my posts are funded by Patrons. If you enjoyed this content, consider making a monthly pledge. $5/Thing Patrons are invited to join a private Skills for Change Facebook discussion group. I hope you'll join us. I love to support folx as they explore the power-informed tools and practices of Skills for Change in their life, work and relationships.
This material is related to the topics in Cooperative Communication, an online course I wrote. If you are interested in taking a self-paced or interactive webinar version of the course, you'll find more information here. Patrons get unlimited self-paced courses for $25/Thing and unlimited interactive webinars for $55/Thing. Sign up and I'll send you an invitation to the course.
Here is a link to all the Things I've released since I started the Skills for Changemakers community here on Patreon. Most of them are public, and it's my wish that if you find value in any of these posts, that you let me know, share the posts with others, join my email list (get a free 30 Day Quiet Mind Workbook!) and join Skills for Changemakers here on Patreon. If you have feedback for me, or suggestions, drop me a comment below. Or just share a <3 to let me know you've read this.