The best part? She is learning a little bit about chemistry as we go!
The Rosie Lab uses cabbage, a natural pH indicator, to see how molecules change in acid or basic solutions and is an easy, fun and incredibly engaging chemistry lab for homeschoolers, unschoolers or just parents looking for a little after school science fun! You get to see what happens when you add baking soda to vinegar, or citric acid to Tums. The changes in colors are uber cool, and so are the bubbles!
Ready to get started?
In the .zip file you will find:
- the lab book - 8 pages of awesome Rosie Lab
- our In Real Life guide! It provides key takeaways, ideas on applying the science to every day lives and reviews safety precautions!
- parent teacher's guides, sourcing guides, scaling guide and extra sample pages here.
- add-on activity ideas to dig deeper into the science.
- Watch the Parent Teacher Video - I walk you through the entire lab. In the video I show you all the things you and your kids will get to do together. Hopefully, I will also dispel and fears you may have about doing a science lab with your kids (because I know many people think science is too hard).
Worried about the science?
Watch the Parent Teacher Video - I walk you through the entire lab. In the video I show you all the things you and your kids will get to do together. Hopefully, I will also dispel and fears you may have about doing a science lab with your kids (because I know many people think science is too hard).
Why am I doing this?
My goal is to create every Rosie lab at this level. My goal is to create every lab book with an intriguing mystery and beautiful design. My goal is to create a video with every lab that will take parents and teachers by the hand showing them all of the fun science they are about to embark on, and ease any fears about it being too hard. My goal is to have the whole package, sourcing, videos, commentary, labbooks etc for each and every lab that we create here.
I need your help!
I need your support in doing this. This lab took over 80 hours to make, there's design work, prototyping, video production and editing, more design work and outreach. All that takes time and effort, on top of being a mom and wife and business owner.
There are tons of levels you can support this project at. You can get the news and behind the scenes videos or become a character in our mysteries. At the $10 level, you can get future Rosie Labs for your home science projects every time they are released.
Become a Patron and never miss a chance to be a #STEMSleuth!