RUIN Weekly Update
The RUIN community meets every Tuesday at 6PM Pacific Standard time on Discord to recognize outstanding members for promotion, discuss gaming news, events and scheduling for the upcoming week!
Community Progress Report:
The Expansion of the Greater RUIN Community Continues.
- Additional RUIN branches are being established in several games including Amazon's upcoming New World Open World Survival MMORGP.
- RUIN Community Discord Improvements.
- RUIN Guild Hall Construction Project Expansions2
World of Warcraft Classic is a faithful recreation of the original World of Warcraft—it runs a bit smoother on today’s computers, but the game still looks and feels like you’re playing World of Warcraft from 2006.
WoW Classic goes live worldwide August 27!
Azeroth’s need has never been greater—and now more than ever, Speaker Magni Bronzebeard and the titan watcher MOTHER need your help to heal the world’s grievous wounds.
In Rise of Azshara, we’re introducing a new system for the Heart of Azeroth that will provide additional power customization options: Essences. You’ll collect these Essences by taking part in a variety of content, and infuse them into the Heart of Azeroth using the new Heart Forge in Silithus, giving you access to new abilities and bonuses.
RUIN traditionally hosts a variety of guild events in and out of game. Including Blizzcon, movie premiers, summer vacation retreats and other gaming and entertainment industry related conventions and events!
News and Updates
- Elder Scrolls’ 25th Anniversary
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr – Zone Trailer
- Patch 8.1.5 New Allied Races and More Arrive March 12: See What’s Ahead!
The Elder Scrolls is 25 years old, and you can celebrate this amazing milestone with us by unleashing Dragons upon Elsweyr.
It has been 25 years since The Elder Scrolls: Arena’s release in 1994, and we are thrilled to be part of this incredible milestone with The Elder Scrolls Online. To celebrate this amazing anniversary, you can begin your journey to the Khajiiti homeland with the Elsweyr Prologue, enjoy sales on the ESO base game and Summerset Chapter, and try the game out free, no strings attached, during our Free Play Event. Check out all the details below!
The release of Tides of Vengeance Part Three opens the way for two new Allied Races, PvP Updates, the reopening of the Brawler’s Guild and more. Learn what’s in store in our Survival Guide. Source
March 7th by Blizzard Entertainment
NEW EPIC BATTLEGROUND
Brace yourself for the return of the cold bite of Wintergrasp where you’ll compete against the enemy faction in a massive 40-player Battleground. For the first week of this content update, Wintergrasp is featured as a Brawl. Thereafter, you’ll find Wintergrasp in the Epic Battleground selection in Group Finder (default hotkey: i).
Keep both eyes on the skies! During the Season of the Dragon, you can experience a year-long interconnected adventure that begins very soon with the Wrathstone DLC game pack and continues through the upcoming Elsweyr Chapter and beyond.
For ages untold, Dazar’alor has stood at the center of the great and powerful Zandalari empire. Its guards have thwarted numerous attempts on King Rastakhan’s life, and it has endured trials both ancient and new. But as war reaches the shores of Zuldazar, the Alliance embarks on a daring gambit to besiege the golden pyramid and sever the Zandalari’s bond to the Horde.
Warcraft III: Reforged is a stunning reimagining of the revolutionary real-time strategy game that laid the foundation for Azeroth’s most epic stories. Veterans and newcomers alike will experience these pivotal events in Azeroth’s history like never before.
Fight nine new bosses in the epic Battle of Dazar'alor raid, meet your foes in the Arenas and Battlegrounds, and test your mettle in challenging Mythic Keystone Dungeons to earn fabulous rewards!
- New Allied Races Ahead! Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Trolls
- Tides of Vengeance Part 2 Now Live!
- Battle of Dazar’alor Raid Finder Wing 3 Available!
Dragons return to Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, part of the Season of the Dragon year-long adventure! Explore sun-blessed savannahs and canyons, defend the Khajiiti homeland, and command the merciless undead with the Necromancer class in this all-new Chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online saga!
Commemorate 7 years of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ with the return of Darth Malgus in Game Update 5.10: Jedi Under Siege – now live. Long thought dead, the return of Malgus signals a deadly new chapter in the ongoing battle for the fate of the galaxy!
The galaxy is erupting in chaos as powerful enemies arise to destroy you. Take Command and Lead your alliance to victory or risk complete annihilation! A galaxy full of new enemies, uneasy alliances, and dangerous choices awaits. Your reign over the galaxy has just begun… it’s up to you to take Command!
- SWTOR In-Game Events for March
- A Look Behind the Scenes with Ossus
- Game Update 5.10.1 “THE WRETCHED HIVE”
Mobilizing the RUIN community to contribute time, expertise, resources to fight and win campaigns, build the best possible teams for progression in PVP and PVE while maintaining an outstanding social environment is the central guild focus. Support for current and upcoming content will be achieved through frequent news updates on the RUIN Discord, additional channels and support resources will be continually provided.
- World of Warcraft
- Elder Scrolls Online
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Guild Wars 2
- Conan Exiles
- Blizzard love existing social structures, such as goals, are want to enhance them.
- They want to make is easier to manage connections and keep communicating
- Current social structures include guilds, raid teams, arena teams and pre-made group finder for RBGs or Mythic+.
- Battle.net Voice Chat will be integrated into WoW as it's easy to use, high quality, uses the part and raid UI and works across game sessions.
- WoW Communities, a new feature, will be implemented and are character specific groups that are also cross-server. You can be in multiple communities.
- The communities feature will have a roster of members, simple role management, quick join, voice integration, auto-maintained calendar invites and text-chat history.
- Voice integration, auto-maintained calendar invites and text-chat history are also being added for guilds.
- A work-in-progress user interface was shown during the panel which also had Battle.net platform-wide groups shown in-game.
As the RUIN gaming community continues to expand, hosting over 10,000 active members with 5,000 registered on Discord, a need to facilitate and organize common procedure, training protocol and general information for use in multiple gaming platforms has arisen.
RUIN traditionally hosts a variety of guild events in and out of game. Including Blizzcon, movie premiers, summer vacation retreats and other gaming and entertainment industry related conventions and events! Additional information on scheduled events can be found on the RUIN community forums.
BlizzCon is an epic celebration of Blizzard Entertainment's games, esports, and the communities that bring them to life. This year is our 12th BlizzCon, and we’d love for you to join us!
Our mission is to provide a fun environment to play games within a like-minded community. Furthermore, we aim to provide exciting content on current and upcoming games via YouTube, Twitch, Social Media and more.
We encourage Game Developers to provide our community with massive multiplayer content that we have always envisioned, bringing virtual communities into a fully realized and complete state. Achieving the core mission of providing the best gaming and online community experience possible requires strong communication infrastructure and feedback mechanism to ensure a continual process of improvement.
- Additional Officers and technical specialists are required
- Gaming News and Updates for current and upcoming games
Expanding the Warrant Officer Department with additional Technical Officers and information officers to assist in scheduling, communicating and supporting team activities across all RUIN branches is a critical initiative for 2019.
Extensive use of modern social media and integrated peer reviewed and edited rules, expectations and guidelines for all members is a critical goal for RUIN in 2019. Goals and objectives for each branch are generated by guild members and officers to ensure comprehensive content completion. Ensuring guild growth and an exceptional gaming experience for all Ruin Members!