S4 Ep3 | David O’Leary and John from Burlington: One of these guys is going to change the world
You don’t want to miss the story of how David O’Leary started out as an English Literature major, got into the market as a newbie leveraged investor just before the 2000 tech bubble burst, went bankrupt and became a fund analyst at Morningstar, met his wife, decided to change the world, and started a financial planning company. You really, really don’t. Trust us.
- 1: 20 - David’s Origin Story
- 7:55 - What David learned by being going bankrupt at 22
- 10: 51 How to protect yourself against a market crash
- 17:25 - Chris talks about his therapist
- 24:50 - Why John from Burlington won’t beat the market
- 29:49 - Is the bad advice that come from banks the employee’s fault?
- 39:50 - How to financially plan based on the causes and values you support
- 48:00 - What is impact investing?
The Because Money Podcast released this post 3 days early for patrons. Become a patron