Sabre Tooth WIP Stages
 

Last post for the month, and Happy Leap Day to everyone. Taking another step back to look at this piece I did for Gallery Nucleus, and the steps taken. It was a first step towards being less "clean" with my linework, and be more expressive with the both texture, shape, and movement. I did a lot of small thumbnail sketches of the form I wanted before laying down the first yellow watercolors for the base as well as some of the shaping. 


I then worked up with the details and black for more shaping before returning to make certain marks and darkening to create the character's form more.  Overall, a pretty successful and fun piece, and it just recently sold! So, I hope it sits nicely in its new home. :)