Gleda getting some maintenance on the sandbar
In this episode, we feature Part 2 of our interview with Neil Hawkesford
from The Gleda Project about building his Wharram 38 catamaran and
beginning his cruising life. We have some sailing news. And our
featured product will keep your boat fenders looking sharp.
The Interview - Part 2 with Neil Hawkesford - The Gleda Project
- Get a copy of Neil's book A Foolish Voyage here
It is a fantastic read. Neil tells the story of sailing the south
coast of the UK in an 18 foot sailboat. You really feel that you are
along for the ride. It will make you want to go back to your early 2o's
and go on a big adventure!
- Go to Neil's web site The Gleda Project
to see all the details of him building his Wharram 38 catamaran and his
current cruising blog. Neil's catamaran build took eight years. In
the interview, Neil speaks about not just building a boat, but building
his future lifestyle.
- For a female perspective on Gleda's adventures, go to his partner Gail's blog Landgirl Afloat.
- ARC Bluewater Open Weekend cruisers rally May 14th - 15th Lymington, UK
- Key Safety Equipment for Offshore Passages
- A Tale of Survival After Catamaran Hits Whale
- 280Ft. Sailing Superyacht AQUIJO
Product of the Week
These covers keep our fenders looking sharp and protect the hull of the boat.
We use all the items on our boat and include notes of why we like
them. We also added over 40 sailing and cruising books we recommend.
You pay the same low Amazon price and we get a small commission.
Please help us Support Podcast
We need your help to spread the word about the Podcast. Please share the
podcast with your sailing & cruising friends and ask them to
subscribe on iTunes, stitcher, or Google Play Music. You can send them
It also helps when you share the podcast links on social media and sailing forums.
- Please like or follow us on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram We will follow you too!
- Remember to tag your Instagram sailing related pictures with #thesailingrode
- Send us your feedback on the show and any show topic ideas to [email protected]
Thanks for listening and all your support! We wish you fair winds and hope to see you on the water soon.
– Steve & Brandy