One of the things I love to keep with me is a water filtration system. Everyone touts the lifestraw as their favorite, but these "experts" are a little ignorant of better systems that are out there.
Sawyer Mini Filtration System is Better
Let me break it down... The sawyer is better than the Lifestraw, because it filters over 10 times better than the Lifestraw in almost every type of impurity, except chemicals.
The Sawyer is better than the Berkey bottle, because it adapts to soda and water bottles along with a bladder that you can push water with. The Berkey is very slow in drinking water.
What are the basics about the filter?
Here is some basic points about the filter:
- Smaller than the Lifestraw.
- You can actually clean it out when it starts getting dirty, by blowing water through it in the reverse direction... then it's ready to go again.
- It is usually 15-20 dollars
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera, and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- Filter rated up to 100,000 gallons; includes 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouch, 7-inch drinking straw, and cleaning plunger
- Kit Includes: 1 – sawyer mini water filter with tip cap; 1 – 16 oz reusable squeeze pouch; 1 – 7″ drinking straw; 1 – cleaning plunger; cleaning and maintenance instructions
If you want to buy it
If you want to buy it, just click the link