Shenmue Shorts (week ending 30th September, 2018)
- A small Kickstarter Update #92 was released last week reminding Shenmue III backers to complete their backer surveys by the end of the week. Most remarkable about the update was the cute animated "Yu-chan" chibi character, shown in the title image. It's a nice indication of how the people who backed the chibi capsule toy reward tier might appear in the game.
- Patch #4 for Shenmue I & II on the PC has been released on Steam, bringing further stability to the game.
- The 2018 Tokyo Game Show certainly lived up to expectations with plenty of Shenmue content. Check out Switch's TGS 2018 event report on the PRS blog.
- One surprising piece of information coming out of one of the TGS interviews with two SEGA developers working on the Japanese version of Shenmue I & II, is that in Japan the game is to have voice & audio in Japanese only (source: 4Gamer interview). Note: SEGA has not yet made an official announcement regarding this topic, and the Japan release is still to come in November, so this is not necessarily set in stone.
- A user on twitter has made some nicely-drawn manga pages recreating the introduction to Shenmue 1. Check them out in this tweet.
- We have summarized some of the shop-exclusive bonus items shops in Japan are making available. These include a "general-purpose stand", mouse-pad, fabric poster and more. Link to post.
- The third and final part of our analysis of the Shenmue III trailer is also now available on the main blog. Link to post.
- These recreations of move scrolls from Shenmue are amazing. Via Twitter.
- Our Patrons' Choice post is available for early access, looking at hacking the Shenmue games to disable collisions and let Ryo roam where he wants! Link to post (White Tiger tier+).
That wraps it up for the past week's news! See you in next week's edition of Shenmue Shorts.