😘 Hello, friend! 💖
It's only been a few days since the last update, but I got some major tasks accomplished and wanted to share them with you right away! Let's jump straight into the big news: Mac and Linux are supported again!
That's right! The Mac is BACK! And the Linux is... what the heck rhymes with Linux?
Several fans were asking for it, so I spent the time to rebuild every single one of my shaders to work across all platforms. Fingers crossed that the Unity game engine doesn't undo my hard work (again)! 🤞
🔮 New Features 🔮
Mac and Linux builds! You can now find Mac and Linux builds for download!
Areas have names! Each area is now given a procedurally generated name.
Prettier environment around Dunhaven! If you played the beta you may have noticed it was a bit barren when you left Dunhaven's port. Now there's a pretty island background while you soar into the distance!
Credits Menu! The credits menu broke in a previous Unity upgrade and should be working now. Unity had previously deserialized and lost my list of credits, so I had to dig up old info and recompile the data. Hopefully got everyone, and if I didn't, hopefully they let me know! 💕
Helpful Tooltip! I added a helpful tooltip while exploring airship exploration that shows you which button to hold to leave the archipelago. It only appears when not moving and after the quest is completed, though the button can still be held to leave the archipelago anytime to abandon the current quest. I'm planning to eventually add more intuitive tooltips like this to help instruct new players in non-obtrusive ways.
🔨 Feedback Fixes 🔧
Adjustments to existing features based on fan feedback and personal observation...
- World Map: Can now click on the background behind the world map to close it.
- Shaders: Overhauled all shaders in the game. They should mostly look the same, though some look a tiny bit better after some minor adjustments.
- Writing: Minor dialogue fixes.
- User Interface: The large "back buttons" used by the mouse to close a menu or screen will no longer appear while in controller input mode (as they are not needed).
- Items: Added some more items as rewards for hunting (all of them backer-created items).
- Items: Adjusted pricing on some items.
- Art: Adjusted various visual effects.
🐞 Bug Squashes 🐛
Bugs that 'should' be fixed...
- Airship: Colliding with an event while exiting the area would cause a softlock.
- User Interface: World map 'back button' wouldn't hide itself under certain conditions.
- User Interface: Fixed a few UI buttons not working with the mouse.
- Items: Copper Ore had no sell value.
- Programming: Various under-the-hood code enhancements.
- Art: Optimized some meshes.