🌞 Hello, friend! 😎
How are you doing? I hope the season has shone brightly on you and that you're wearing lots of sunscreen!
The new beta update (version 19.07.21) is ready for you to download and has a lot of new features. Let's talk about some of them!
🌟⭐ Get the beta here! ⭐🌟
🔮 New Features 🔮
The Inkheart have come to Medonia, and they're not here to play!
As time progresses, Inkheart invasions will spawn around the world and three Inkheart monstrosities will warpath towards Dunhaven (your capital city). Islands that are destroyed are gone forever, and if they reach the center then your home will be next to fall.
The Inkheart invasion is the most important element of Soul Saga's game design. You must utilize your time carefully and strategically delegate your guild members to save Medonia.
Each archipelago in the world houses various wildlife species. This affects the events you'll experience in those areas. If the Inkheart Invasion destroys too much then wildlife species will go extinct. "Please! Think of the Squabbles!"
While exploring Medonia you can collect song birds and unlock a vast music collection. If you unlock them all you might even get a new Guild Member...
Tips and Hints
You can chat with your friendly and sentient airship companion for some tips on how to play the game.
🔨 Feedback Fixes 🔧
Adjustments to existing features based on fan feedback and personal observation...
- Visual: The typewriter effect on font no longer pushes the text around as it fills out the text box.
- Save Files: There is now an error message for old, incompatible save files and the option to delete them.
- Tutorials: There are now minor popup tooltips to help teach the player some of the more obscure controls.
- UI: Inventory now lists consumable items on top.
- UI: Selling at shops now lists consumable items on bottom.
- Combat: Healing items are now affected by the compass buff system (specifically the magic/purple orbs).
- UI: Quest objective progress are now displayed in the quest log.
- UI: Sound and Music volume settings in the Settings panel now preview in real-time.
- UI: There is now a setting for allowing the program to run in the background (while minimized).
- Quests: Progress is now maintained after a failed quest. Failed delegated quests also have a chance to do partial progress and partially completed quests will be easier for small teams to finish.
- UI: Holding select on a controller will show the text description for the current compass buff in combat.
- Combat: Skills now consume all of the character's action points and scales the damage based on the extra amount consumed.
- Difficulty Modes: The Inkheart invasion destroys islands twice as fast in Disaster mode.
🐞 Bug Squashes 🐛
Bugs that 'should' be fixed...
- Visual: Mac platform would render the combat ground as black.
- Achievements: Should now be working properly.
- Visual: Enemies should no longer stack on each other in combat when spawning or moving to a new spot.
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements.
What do you think?
Soul Saga has become very well developed and it's now at a point where feedback is critical to ensure it steers in the right direction when it lands.
If you have any feedback, please let me know in the Disastercake Discord server! Talking with you is the highlight of my day! 💖
❤️ With love, ❤️
Mike 🤓 + 🦊 Senpai