Which leaves just one ticket I wanted to look at, and it's in a area where I don't understand the code, and thus it's hard work. Thus ,I've decided to postpone that ticket for now.
That's actually the last bug report that is open. All other tickets are feature requests. (And one not reproducable bug report, probably user error.)
So I actually started with feature development!
The first feature I did this week, is a small new trigger: "Cooldown Progress (Equiment Slot)", which can track the cooldown progress of any item in a specific slot. That can be used to track e.g. your trinket cooldowns, without needing to have a separate aura per trinket.
And I've started working on a feature to allow attaching auras to frames.
So there are several related use cases that I want to make easy with this feature.
- In Legion, Blizzard added a personal ressource display. That is the frame that shows the health and ressource bar in the middle of the screen. That frame moves with the zoom level. If you want to build a ui around this personal ressource display, that's a bit annoying. With this new feature you could attach new bars or icons to the personal ressource display. meaning they will move in lockstep with the personal ressource display.
- Attaching to other frames. This allows for e.g. attaching auras to other auras. Or attaching auras to the talent screen.
- Attaching auras to the mouse cursor. While technically the mouse cursor is not a frame, generalizing the code to also allow for this is trivial and thus the feature will cover that too.
I've already made good progress on developing the feature, and the basic attaching to mouse cursor and to the personal ressource display already works. The user interface needs some more work though. For example, while the options are open the auras that are attached to the mouse cursor should not move with the mouse.
I hope that the feature will be ready for my next status update in two weeks.