Not only am now I a freshly minted holder of a Masters of Arts in English (Literature), I’m also SUPER JOBLESS. While I’m definitely looking for work in industries other than writing because freelance jobs are not sustainable for me and I’m currently not seeing a way to make a living writing what I love.
So in between looking for a nice, solid job somewhere that I can either live nearby or travel to easily, I’m really trying to build my audience online and get more people interested in my writing (both fiction and non-fiction) so that I can have some sense of stability over the coming months.
My goal is to have a safety net for the summer (and a bit beyond since I’m currently REALLY BAD AT THIS JOB SEARCH THING and I don’t know when that will change) because I really need one. Right now, my Patreon covers my health insurance every month and a little bit of groceries which is GREAT because I’m trying to eat healthier for well… health reasons and that is NOT cheap.
So here’s what’s definitely on the schedule for May alongside plans for the future and how you all can support me as I try to figure out proper adulthood and find a job I’d be great at and that’d also keep me from being homeless or starving after June.
Please feel free to share this post with any interested people!
- Snippets of “What Fandom Racism Looks Like: Slavefic”, “What Fandom Racism Looks Like: White Prioritization”, and Urban Fantasy 101: Crime and Punishment ($1 Tier)
- Problematic Fave: Tokyo Ghoul Video ($5 Tier)
- Finished Drafts of “What Fandom Racism Looks Like” pieces on Misogynoir and Slavefic ($3 Tier)
- Great Big Anita Blake Reread: Bloody Bones ($3 Tier)
- Stitch Likes Stuff: Tokyo Ghoul (Either $3 or $5 Tier)
- Inspiration Files: Angels ($5 Tier)
- Worldbuilding Wednesday: Secret Societies ($5 Tier)
- Images for various blog posts ($1 Tier)
- Urban Fantasy 101: A (Brief) Guide to Shifter Romances
- A (Still Untitled) Post on the Marvel Fandom, Sympathetic Villains and Killmonger
- Headcanons only go so far
- Life as a (Semi) Professional Hater
- Grad School Wrap Up
- So Many Book Review
In addition to my scheduled posts coming up, I’m also going to be looking at doing sensitivity reads (more on that later once I figure out how to even… do that), reopening small fan fiction commissions, and turning my original fiction into something at least a little bit profitable.
For the last one in particular, I’m looking at putting together a collection of short stories inspired by my childhood in the US Virgin Islands and the islands’ mythologies and histories. Who knows when that’ll happen because I am NOT a fast fiction writer – or a fast writer in general. (But it’s happening...)
Here’s how you can support me!