*** yes, i do welcome suggestions on adoptables themes
*** no, i don't tackle every one of them
While the latter is mostly due to time constraints, there are some other reasons where I simply won't go after a suggestion. And, mind you, I honestly haven't had any TERRIBLE suggestions that weren't flat out jokes (I've even tackled some of those as a challenge). The reason I won't go after them is usually due to business reasons.
If you want to have fun and contribute some suggestions? here's a little behind-the-curtains things that'll make me consider them more ...
THINGS THAT ARE ON THE GOOD LIST
- * if you come up with a suggestion that i haven't touched at all, moreso hadn't even considered. The clown dopts was one such dare.
- * It makes me laugh (look through my happenstance stuff and read the stories to get a sense of my humor)
- * Sets that challenge me on a STORY-TELLING level. ... note: boobs are not story telling, nor is sexy. On the contrary: combining caring motherly tropes with yandere is a challenge.
- * Suggesting a literature/media genre I haven't touched yet. That's a worthy challenge I'll very likely accept.
- * Likewise, just other things I haven't done yet. I know I haven't done a full set of flight attendants, for example.
THINGS THAT ARE ON THE not as good LIST
- * "Do that set you just ran, but with this!" ... this ties into repeat themes. I don't like to launch a set with a theme VERY similar to a prior one, unless the prior one near-sold out. And that's simply due to demand. If set A didn't sell at all, launching set A' will have very similar results. And, unfortunately I have to let finances dictate this venture to an extent. I mean, you can suggest variations on a set ... but odds of me running with it are super slim due to the above reasons.
- * Mechs. Unfortunately, mechs are really complicated to draw, more time = more money. :c I'd have to charge more for that set, and usually it doesn't work out that well when i raise the price. I've been asked this a few times, so I do apologize.
- * Stuff that's on my no-go list (like porn or whatever). should go without saying, but i feel like i should say it anyway
- * "Make Halo Spartans!" ... or some other fandom. Personal moral compass, that's a bit too close to copyright infringement for me to feel comfortable, and there isn't a social norm precedence like there is in fan made print works.
- - There is ONE exception I can think of, which is Ponys ... but that's, again, due to precedent and so on and so forth. (as an aside, i'm a little unsure about doing a pony set. it's been weighed off an on, tho).
- - corollary exception to this is making a set off a genre that something inspired or revitalized. Star Wars basically created Science Fantasy and a few other stories have launched off this. That Space Saga set was me riffing off those subsequent sub-genre tropes that Star Wars inspired.
Anyhoo, that's a bit into my thought process. If you want to toss some suggestions out, feel free.