Lessons will have a light touch, but will include suggestions for further study. There will be individual video topics, as well as a weekly video check-in post with assignments attached.
Here's a rundown of what we'll cover:
Notation skills (for Sibelius users):
• macProVideo Sibelius 101 & 102 courses (discounts for Dotted Breve/Longa)
Scoring practice (resources available as Sibelius files, PDF's, and MusicXML)
• Transcription exercises (following on from Sibelius courses, but open to all approaches)
• Composition exercises (accompaniment styles, crafting melodies, composing to a given chord progression, adapting music to a different context)
Dotted Breve/Longa supporter work checked at end of course.
• Planning out a scoring project
• Good work habits
• Time management
• Catch-up study in harmony and counterpoint
Reading will be assigned using the following two books, but I will make the topics general enough so that their study may be adapted to other texts:
• Basic training and/or review in sight-singing
I will supply some exercises, but the basic assignments will be assigned from this book:
Score-Reading and Listening
• Lists for score-reading and listening, with some guidance included.
Any questions, please ask below. This is going to be fun!