Lessons will have a light touch, but will include suggestions for further study. There will be individual video topics, as well as a weekly video check-in post with assignments attached.
Here's a rundown of what we'll cover:
Notation skills (for Sibelius users):
• macProVideo Sibelius 101 & 102 courses (discounts for Dotted Breve/Longa)
Scoring practice (resources available as Sibelius files, PDF's, and MusicXML)
• Transcription exercises (following on from Sibelius courses, but open to all approaches)
• Composition exercises (accompaniment styles, crafting melodies, composing to a given chord progression, adapting music to a different context)
Dotted Breve/Longa supporter work checked at end of course.
• Planning out a scoring project
• Good work habits
• Time management
• Catch-up study in harmony and counterpoint
Reading will be assigned using the following two books, but I will make the topics general enough so that their study may be adapted to other texts:
• Basic training and/or review in sight-singing
I will supply some exercises, but the basic assignments will be assigned from this book:
Score-Reading and Listening
• Lists for score-reading and listening, with some guidance included.
Any questions, please ask below. This is going to be fun!
MINIM SUPPORT LEVEL
$2.00 Minim Level
• 5-10 minutes of video evaluation of 3 pages of your score
• Orchestration Challenge Level 1
• Advance orchestration analysis videos
• Patreon feed access with exclusive tips and previews
• Video credit
SEMIBREVE SUPPORT LEVEL
$4.00 Semibreve Level
• Minim Level Benefits, plus...
• 10-20 minutes of video evaluation of 6 pages of your score
• Orchestration Challenge Level 2
• 50% off all Orchestration Online courses, publications, and recordings
BREVE SUPPORT LEVEL
$8.00 Breve Level
• Semibreve Level Benefits, plus...
• 20+ minutes of video evaluation of 6 pages of your score
• Orchestration Challenge Level 3
• Complimentary Copy of all Orchestration Online courses, publications, and recordings
DOTTED BREVE SUPPORT LEVEL
• Breve Level Benefits, plus...
• Premium MOOOC resources, including additional assignments/resources and extended course curriculum
• Discounts on macProVideo/AskVideo courses
• Overall feedback on completed MOOOC course work, and point-by-point evaluations of final assignments
• MOOOC Term 1 final assignments may be submitted to MOOOC Reading Sessions (additional fees apply to hire the musicians).
LONGA SUPPORT LEVEL
• Dotted Breve Level benefits, plus...
• Point-by-point MOOOC evaluations, personal guidance, and readings by professional musicians (additional fees apply).
Longa supporters receive a personal Skype session with me at the end of MOOOC courses, in which I’ll give you overall feedback about progress with recommendations for further study.