Testing a Custom ATB HUD
I decided to try my hand at custom menu development, based on a design provided by "byBibo".

I use the ATB system that I had developed some time ago, to give it a fresh makeover so it looks better than whatever I had before.


I went and replaced the actor command window with a static picture.

I also replaced the battle status menu with some more pictures.


Everything else remains default, so there will be some style clash, but other than that, I think it's coming along nicely.


By using pictures, artists can design UI as they see fit, and only need to have a programmer tell the game where to display it.


Of course, for things like gauges and other data-bound components, more programming will be needed just to get it to work.