Perhaps, if we didn't use the plugins that bring significunt changes into the main code of the game, it would work on Mac, but in that case we couldn't do things that we planned to do in our game.
Therefore, we advise you to use the Wineskin program to play the game.
I believe that many Mac users know what this program is and how to use it. As far as I know, some of our subscribers have been running the game using Wineskin for a long time.
Those gamers who don't know about this program can follow the guide below to be able to play our game on their Mac. It is a simple program that allows you to run any Windows applications on MacOS.
This is a step-by-step guide for running the Threads of Destiny game on your Mac using Wineskin.
- Download Wineskin Winery 1.7;
- Download latest update of our game;
- Start Wineskin Winery.app (make sure you have a Wrapper version and an Engine);
- Select the Engine you want to use (any of them should work for the game), and press the "Create New Blank Wrapper" button;
- Name your wrapper ToD (or the other way at your discretion);
- When its done being created, click the button to view it in Finder in the finished window;
- Right click on ToD.app in Finder and select "Show Package Contents"
- Move the folder Threads of Destiny from the archive with game release TOD v.0.* to the folder drive_c/windows;
- After that double click and run Wineskin.app and click Advanced;
- In the Configuration Tab, near the Windows EXE blank, press the Browse Button;
- Select the file in the drive_c/windows/Threads of Destiny folder called Game.exe;
- Exit the Wineskin.app back to Finder and run ToD.app that you've just created. It should work fine now.
Let me know if there are any other technical problems with the game.
Also, inform me if you have any difficulties with the Wineskin. I'll try to help you.