Jul 1, 2021
- Fixed issues with new picker menus causing screen to gray out.
Want TOOL in build mode? Grab Better BuildBuy as well!
TOOL v2.3 brings a new feature called Rotate Around Center. It's a toggle in the rotate dialog that lets you choose whether group rotation will rotate all objects around their own axis, or around the group's center.
This video demonstrates the difference.
Many players requested this, as it'll allow them to rotate TOOL-only builds after they've finished, instead of having to plan which rotation they want to begin with. I hope everyone enjoys.
- Rotation Around Center added to Rotate Dialog
- Added an improved rotation indicator. The circle is now a gradient.
Dim = 0. Bright = 360.
Positive rotation amounts will always move dim -> bright.
- The usage is the same as regular TOOL, except you will automatically be placed in TOOL mode any time the TOOL dialog is open.
- Toggle TOOL in build mode by pressing Shift+T
- In addition, shift+clicking surfaces will automatically place a group box marker. This can be used in combination with the Toggle Group button to highlight many objects at once.
- When the TOOL extension is open, ctrl+z and ctrl+y will handle the TOOL undo/redo instead of the buildbuy undo/redo. Buildbuy undo still works when TOOL is closed.
- If you're new to TOOL entirely, refer to my original tutorial.
⚠ FOLLOW IT WORD FOR WORD. ⚠
1. Delete any existing copies you have for TOOL.
2. Open the "TwistedMexi's TOOL v2.3.4 Official" zip and drag the "Tmex-TOOL" folder inside to your mods root.
3. That's it! Don't restructure or move the files in any way.
Become a patron to
Early Access (2-3 weeks)
Status Updates including CAW
Discord Role & Exclusive Channels
Extra Video and Pic Previews
(TBD) Patron-only Q&A/How To Livestreams.
More Polls - Help shape more features
Access to a priority feedback discord channel.
Beta Testing (Build Studio will have a beta period)
All previous tiers' perks, plus...
Create-A-World Alpha access
Your name or display name permanently cemented in CAW's in-game credits.
Perk available until CAW Public Release (while tier spots available)
CAW Support via Discord