I just wanted to update you as to what is consuming my time at the moment.
1) A book that my best friend Michael Machuga and I have written entitled "A Journey With Two Mystics: Conversations Between a Girardian and a Wattsian" is set to be released this Spring. I just sent in the final manuscript as well as all the other necessary paperwork to Wipf and Stock Publishers, who will put everything in order. The next step after that is to comb through the PDF of the book prior to giving the final approaval. During this time, a designer at the publisher will design a cover. My best guess as to a release date is April 1, but that is obviously not set in stone.
2) The process is in place for me to start working more directly with Preaching Peace (Michael Hardin's non-profit). As of last week, I have been made a regular contributor for his blog at Patheos, and will be fascilitating a group at the Making Peace Conference in Dallas TX, hosted by Preaching Peace. I'm also headed to San Diego in the end of March to take a week long class on spirituality with the emphasis on healing. This has me beyond excited.
3) I'm in the middle of writing my fourth book, entitled "Heretic! An LGBTQ-Affirming, Divine Violence-Denying, Inclusive Christian's Heartfelt Answers to Some of Evangelical Christianity's Most Pressing Questions." I know, that's a mouthful. I've been in contact with one publisher who seemed interested in the project, so the ball is already rolling on this one.
What I attempt to do in this book is answer 10 questions that I commonly get asked: questions like "If all are saved, then why follow Jesus? Have you abandoned the Cross?" And so on. So far, it's turning out pretty decent.
4) On February 24, New Vision Church in Chico, CA is hosting a discussion centered on my book, "From the Blood of Abel." There will be a Facebook event created if anyone is in the Chico area and wants to attend.
5) I will be on the RavenCast with Adam Ericksen sometime in February. We are recording next week, but I'm not sure of the exact release date. Everything will be linked on Facebook though. We are going to discuss both the book I just released and the one Mike and I wrote.
6) I've been asked to write an essay on the atonement for a collaboration that a friend is putting together. No details yet, but I plan on getting to work on it in the next few months.
7) I still plan on updating my blog, and writing for Unfundamentalist Christians on Patheos as much as I'm able.
So there you have it. Thank you all so much for your support. I couldn't do this without you.
Peace and love.