As you've probably noticed, recently we've been growing at a much faster rate than ever before. For that, we want to thank you! But that's not the point of this post. With our project becoming bigger, our team expanding and our community growing this fast, keeping things as they are now would be unprofessional.
We're talking about the fact that you barely have any idea what game Academy34 is supposed to become. Yes, by looking at the game now you can imagine that it should be a dating sim. Maybe with stats and some grind. But that's about it. And it's just not gonna cut it.
If you're paying for us to develop this game, we better put all our cards on the table, right?
So that's why we're adding a new page to our website, dedicated to telling you ALL about our plans for Academy34. How's the game gonna look once we get to this cherished 1.0 version, how do we plan to support it afterwards and so on.
Here's what you'll be able to find there:
- Which new locations will be added and how is Overwatch Academy going to look in the end, when the game is finished, a rough plan / map of it.
- Which new mechanics will be added and how will old ones be reworked. That includes (but is not limited to) homework and how you make money out of it, new alternative money making sources, a rework of Sombra's market and spycam system, and so on.
- Our plans for the stat system, how exactly you will be able to gain them and what they will be used for.
- Which routes we want to rework and how.
- Which new content characters will recieve after their storyline is considered complete.
- Our plans regarding "alternative styles" for characters and their scenes. (Options to choose outfits, hairstyles and body hair, etc.)
- And more!
This is an important (and necessary) step on our way to establish better communication of our ideas with our supporters. After all, it's always better to have a proper understanding of what you pay for, right?
This page will become available early next month! In a meantime, here's an updated roadmap for coming updates: