Hey, folks! Going to be releasing the latest weekly build tonight, as per usual. This is a bit of a weird build, because it's the start of a new big chapter, so a lot of things are still too rough/unfinished to release.
I've also made a revision and upgrade to the base-building system for the sake of usability and future-proofing it, so I don't have to do what I did the first time around, which is a lot of new conditional events to check for old decisions.
Lastly, I've fixed a LOT of bugs this week because I want to bring the public & alpha versions into a really stable, well-rounded state and upload it to some new places. There are a handful of sites I've been looking at, but you need a fairly coherent product with enough gameplay. Hopefully soon we can get that public build out to a few new audiences and start bringing in more players!
Version 0.15 - 1/8/2018
- Added Cove Progression
- New Boss Fight with 3 different paths
- Added a lot of new dialogue contextual with previous choices
- Overhauled the cove upgrade system
- Changed to a common event for ease of future integration
- Added every upgrade tier
- Included all upgrade costs
- Factored all variable trackers into the common event for convenience
- Added the new cove departure, and the beginning of a new chapter!
- Changed Hobart’s coastal dialogue to autorun so you can’t miss him
- Fixed a tile passability issue by the boathouse
- Fixed Captain Bell’s auto-battle AI & adjusted Prince of the Deep stats to compensate
- Fixed a layering issue with beds
- Adjusted experience gained from giant beetle fight
- Fixed the Cove Inn room doors so that they close properly upon exiting
- Fixed dozens of typos and text runoffs
- Changed Hobart’s name (from the castle plaza) to Jarvis to avoid confusion
- Fixed a transfer issue to the renovated cavern
- Fixed the “tuft of fur” item description
- Fixed Orus’s “Shred” ability to attack the correct amount of targets and show the correct timed attack animation