(cluebat: I'm also taking on other work - and considering part-time wage work for the first time since I became disabled - because I work 8-12 hours a day on this project and I'm not anywhere close to paying my bills)
I love Patreon, both as a way to connect with you, a way to share what I'm doing, and a financial stream (I make more some months here than I do with my book sales).
But I guess I've been feeling more than a little depressed - not about Patreon in particular, but about my prospects in general. I feel like I might be doing things here no one really wants, which feels super discouraging. And that's not what I'm about. I want to help you and make this a mutually beneficial thing. I want to feel excited! And I want you to feel excited and enthusiastic about this too.
So if you could take a moment - even if you're not a Patron - and tell me which of these things I'm already offering interests or excites you, that would help a lot. I'll probably stop doing those things no one is interested in, and if there's something about my series you'd like to hear about I'll be happy to offer it.
This is not to be down on anyone. I'm super grateful for what you're doing now, and I don't in any way want you to feel upset or obligated. I just want to share how I'm feeling. The life of an author is not all rainbows and unicorns. When things aren't going as planned, it's probably time to stop for a moment and see what I can do better.
being able to post to the Community tab
general updates on my books
the serial telling of my story (with audio, pictures, and text)
getting the ebooks free
getting special thanks at the ending of each book
the "making of" stories
deleted and bonus scenes
seeing background information and articles used in my research
discounts on my merchandise
the character discussions
specific updates on the current books' progress
discussions about themes in the books
I want something else (and I'll write it in the comments)
all this is fine, but I just want to help
- posting access to my Patreon feed
- behind the scenes updates
- a new round of the Red Dog Conspiracy each month with pictures and audio clips.
- the exclusive "Tony and Roy" bonus scene from The Jacq of Spades. Discover what really happened in Tony's study ...
- free digital copies of everything I create!
All active Patrons on September 1st get special thanks in my next book!
(if you'd rather be anonymous let me know)
Curious about how the books are written? Want to go deeper? Need more clues?
- access to old drafts, deleted scenes, "the making of" stories, and more, from my already published works
- plus everything in the $1 level
Trey Leader Level
- massive discounts! All Red Dog Conspiracy print books and merchandise as they're created, at my cost
Plus all the $1-$2 perks, of course!
You pay shipping.
Besides all the other cool perks, each month we'll discuss one character in detail - you'll have the opportunity to ask questions, speculate, get backstories and more.
One secret about a character could be the clue that cracks the case for you!
Don't fuck it up.
- exclusive updates on the story in progress
- any item of my print books or merchandise free (with free shipping)
- plus all the lower tier perks!