Types of History
There are different types of studies in history. Some of the types of history are listed below:
Pre-Historic History - the study of events pre-dating evidence of written forms of events is called Pre-Historic History.
Geographic History - the study of geo-graphical events is called Geographic History.
Religious History - the study of religious events is called Religious History.
Society History - the study of social events is called Society History.
Culture History - the study of cultural events is called Culture History.
Economic History - the study of economic events is called Economic History.
Environment History - the study of environmental events is called Environment History.
Features of History
History has a variety of features which lead scholars to study events further. Some of the features of history are listed below:
- Based on the passage of time, the study of history is divided into different periods.
- History is a study of events in the past which aims to document archives for further study.
- The study of history aims to interpret cultures and societies by retrieving written records from around the world.
Benefits of History
History helps individuals learn about the cultures that helped form what individuals have become in modern times. Some of the benefits of history are included below:
- The study of history archives events which can become helpful to individuals around the world.
- The study of history helps the human species to learn about things that have passed, in ways that can be referenced.
- The study of history helps individuals to understand how events of the past were settled, and to prepare for such events in the future.
Doubts of History
The study of history presents some doubts. Some of the doubts of history are included below:
- History may not be universal - as it is viewed, presented, and written from different perspectives.
- The study of history is speculative in nature until the interpreted facts can be verified with results from present times.
- The study of history may not include all periods of time, especially those periods of time in which written forms of history have not been found, or those periods of time which have not been studied yet.
History is a part of social studies in most types of educational systems. The study of history is a story in itself and informs individuals how their ancestors used to live their lives to make them what they have succeeded as today. Newspapers and media cover events from around the world which soon becomes part of history as time passes. What types of events have you read a history about?