- Finish sequencing
- Identify additional material to be written
- Write the additional material
- Edit the additional material
- Launch pre-orders for Patreon supporters
- Launch pre-orders for everyone else
- Layout and design the book
- Layout and design the cover
- Write marketing copy for various online stores
- Build out audience so that it won’t land like a dud
I’m sure there’s more, but just that seems like a helluva lot of stuff to get done in two weeks. It’s looking more and more likely that the actual launch of the book will happen sometime in February, but I don’t know. Things could change fast as I begin to plow through my to-do list.
Above all else, I fear that nobody will care, or that not enough people will care to satisfy my ego. I’m not a particularly good salesman, and I have an even harder time pimping my own work than I do the work of others.
Halfway through the month, I also fear that this plan of mine to take you behind the scenes was not as well-thought-out as it should have been. Honestly, I’ve spent more time writing these blogs at this point than I’ve spent on the book. And I worry that I might alienate some (or all) of my readers by posting this kind of thing instead of actual creative writing.
But we’ll see. There are still two weeks to go, I’ve put out plenty of books and magazines before, and there’s no reason to give up hope yet. I still have supporters. I see you out there. I think we can make this work.
Next: Building the Audience