There is a lot of advice about YouTube on YouTube (YouTubeception?) and all over Google, but not much of it is personalized for YOU.
I have 5 1/2 years Experience on YouTube, have a channel with over 116,000 Subscribers and have completed a 10 week course with a Certified YouTube Growth Expert, who has himself over 10 years YouTube Experience.
I felt when I did my YouTube mini series "Tea Time" a couple of years back (which included a segment offering YouTube advice & tips to newer channels) that it was only the tip of the iceberg of what I could offer to people.
This experience and knowledge coupled with my people skills should be a winning combination...even if I say so myself :P
So the question is - what format would this "training" / "skill sharing" / "channel help" take?
Idea: It will definitely be a limited signup Patron tier each month. So for instance, there would be space for 4 people to sign up to the "YouTube Help" tier each month and they would receive the help/training/personalized help that is decided for that month. At the end of the month the 4 slots are opened again and you can re-sign up for more help or other people can sign up.
What will it include? Here are some ideas of what I could include:
1) A comprehensive channel review. As part of the 10 week YouTube course I took we each had to review every group members channel (20 people) as well as study in depth many top YouTube channels every week (50+ in total easily). These detailed channel studies included things such as how the channel page setup, is it easy to use, can I tell what the channel is about, can I easily see what your target audience is when watching your videos, can I easily see the value in your videos to me as a viewer. We covered video posting schedule, channel & video branding, video style, ways to hook a viewer and keep them, CTA's, video length, SEO - the list goes on and on!
On it's own, this comprehensive channel review was a gold-mine of excellent information that made me look at my YouTube Channel page and my video creation in a very different and more positive way.
2) A Skype call at the start of the month to discuss your channel, what you specifically need help with, where you would like to take your channel and what we can focus on for the month. Then another Skype call at the end of the month to re-evaluate what you changed or improved over the month and any other advice or help I can give. I would also set up a personal Discord chat room too just for those in the course that month, where you can ask me or other members questions, receive help, share tips and bounce ideas off each other.
3) Technical help. After 5 1/2 years on YouTube I have become pretty efficient in scheduling my time, recording, editing & rendering videos, making eye catching thumbnails and audio capture & improvement. If there is something on the technical side you need assistance with, I'm sure we can work on it together and help you to improve.
4) As I mentioned, the 10 week course was STUFFED FULL of advice, training, tips...the list goes on. So much valuable information that I am still re-reading all the notes and websites I gathered over the course. I would love to help you improve on whichever subjects you feel you need help with: Branding, your YouTube Channel's Experience, Video SEO, Collaborations, Video Engagement, using YouTube Analytics to improve your channel, making Money with your channel & more.
5) Price. This is a tough one as it's hard to put an hourly rate on my time and it's even harder to put a value on the experience I can share and the knowledge & training I can give you. I would want to set the price at a point where I know you are serious to join this group for a month. I want to know that YOU are willing to put in the time and effort to improve your channel. I want you to have result and you need to work to get them! The training would be tailored for you after studying your channel & videos so I would make sure it's excellent value & worth the time, money & effort you put forward too.
I KNOW I have a lot of knowledge and experience to share with you and I want to help new and old channels to grow and improve on YouTube.
Let me know what you think below - PLEASE BE SPECIFIC!! What would interest YOU, what sort of help would YOU need, what other assistance do you think I could offer to YOU?
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. If this is something you are interested in, if you have ideas or just want to let me know what you think, please do below.
I want to make this work, but I need your help & advice. I'm pretty excited to get this going as I love helping people.
Thank you all too for your continued support on Patreon, it means so much.
Biffa <3 :-)