Become a Patron to update the mod automatically, get capes, sneak peeks and more!
It also helps me use less ads on the download pages. Learn More
Update 1.2.1 (MC 1.12.2, 1.12.1, 1.12, 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Fixed world map causing texture flickering in the Nether.
* Fixed world map loading breaking when deleting map data files that have already been loaded.
* Optimized day-night cycle handling code for better performance.
* Fixed auto-updater not working on Linux.
* Fixed some compatibility issues.
Update 1.2 (MC 1.12.1, 1.12, 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Upgrade to 1.12.1.
* Updating multiple mods at once (patron-only).
* Minor bug fixes.
Update 1.1 (MC 1.12, 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Fixed compatibility with some Optifine options, like Fast Render, MSAA and Vignette.
* Fixed overtime map loading crashing the game sometimes when changing worlds.
* Fixed incorrect use of relative file locations which caused some people to crash because of file permissions.
* Map data moved from mods folder to config folder.
Update 1.0 (MC 1.12, 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Going from dimension to dimension on the same world will no longer clear map data from other dimensions.
* Drastically improved the world map zooming feature. It will no longer force you to use the fixed scale values while still keeping the sharp block edges. Causes some changes to the appearance of waypoints, but hopefully not too bad.
* Map/Camera movement will no longer stick to the pixel grid but actually consider partial coordinates and move across smoothly.
* Fixed a VRAM leak.
* Fixed overtime loading system incorrectly prioritising regions based on player position.
Update b1.9 (MC 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
+ Added a way to filter the waypoints in the bottom-right waypoints list by typing a part of the waypoint's name (ENTER to start over).
* The whole map will now load over time in the background even if you're not looking at certain parts of it.
* Map data will now be compressed to take up about 15 times less disk space on average. Loading the map data for the first time after updating might take longer than usual because old files are going to be compressed first to work with the new mod version.
* Day/night cycles will no longer require the map to reload. The mod might use more VRAM now though. You can control how many light levels there are in the mod settings (more levels = more VRAM).
* Fixed the game crashing when opening the world map with every type of waypoints disabled.
* Fixed black squares "randomly" appearing on the world map caused by Wynncraft and potentially other servers sending empty chunks.
* Fixed snowy mountains looking completely white with no slopes when terrain depth is enabled.
* Fixed transparent blocks light levels not updating in certain circumstances. Might drop the overall performance, let me know if so.
Update b1.8.1 (MC 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Compatibility with Xaero's Minimap/Better PVP 1.12.4 and above.
* Moved from Dropbox hosting.
Update b1.8 (MC 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
+ Added a waypoint side-menu to the map view GUI. You can now view all off-screen waypoints by placing the cursor in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Select a waypoint in the side-menu by using the mouse scroll wheel and then right-click to quickly move the map view to the selected waypoint. No more unnecessary map scrolling :)
* Fixed chunks sometimes loading to incorrect worlds from the same server (AKA the world overrriding issue).
* Compatibility with the server-side waypoint Spigot plugin (minimap mod still required).
* Fixed compatibility with FastCraft.
* Improved stability.
Update b1.7.1 (MC 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Compatibility with Xaero's Minimap/Better PVP version 1.11.8+.
Update b1.7 (MC 1.11, 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Upgrade to Minecraft 1.11.
* Compatible with Xaero's Minimap/Better PVP version 1.11.4 and above.
* Fixed rare random crash.
* Fixed automatic updater (Patreon reward) not working correctly with jars that are not directly in the /mods folder.
* Fixed automatic updater (Patreon reward) not working for renamed mod jars.
* Updating the mod manually will now also open the correct jar folder if it's not the /mods folder.
Update b1.6 (MC 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Fixed regions disappearing sometimes when exiting a world.
+ Added an option to disable footsteps.
* Improved how transparent blocks are saved, which will result in less disk space usage.
* Made ice thicker.
Update b1.5 (MC 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Fixed some saving bugs thanks to which new/overridden map regions will now use less disk space.
* Reworked water biomes. This should fix the permanent "wrong biome lines". New/overridden map regions with water biomes will now also use less disk space.
There could be some temporary graphical glitches when overriding old maps but they will disappear on the next map refresh (for example, when world time changes).
It only happens once so I didn't fix it for performance reasons.
* Downgrading to b1.5+ from newer mod versions will no longer cause data loss. If the mod is unable to load a newer file, it won't try and back it up instead (thank me later).
This IS NOT present in version b1.4 or below so DO NOT downgrade to anything below b1.5 even if there's a new bug. Please report the bug and wait for me to fix it.
* Fixed nether detection not always working.
* Fixed a VRAM leak.
* Fixed compatibility with Factorization mod hammer functionality.
Update b1.4 (MC 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
+ Added MultiWorld support for multiplayer servers and realms.
Worlds created by modifying the same world save will most likely share the same multiworld ID so the system isn't perfect.
+ Added Realms support.
+ Added new visual terrain options to the world map settings: terrain depth and terrain slopes.
The "terrain depth" option adds depth to the world map by using blocks' height levels to calculate brightness.
Slopes are what was used prior to this update but it can now be disabled if you like minimalism.
The new options have absolutely no impact on the performance.
* Fixed '_' usage in the world IDs. I have no idea why I didn't do it from the start, probably forgot.
IF a new save is started for your world then to fix it go to ".minecraft/mods/XaeroWorldMap/" and find your world's map folder.
The name of the folder should look like
world name_dimension(null for overworld),
for example, "newworld_null", "newworld_dim-1" etc.
Replace any underscores ( _ ) in the world name with "^us^". Exclude the quotation marks ( ' ).
Update b1.3 (MC 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
+ Added better support for modded cave dimensions (similar to nether).
+ Added 2 new options to stop the world map from updating the already loaded chunks, stop loading new chunks or both.
+ Added capes as Patreon rewards.
Anyone using any of my mods (after a certain mod update) will be able to see capes on Patrons (including themselves).
Update b1.2 (MC 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Chunk loading performance improvement.
* Fixed the GUI animations going crazy on very high FPS rates (500+).
* Fixed GUI lag spikes.
* Random crash fixed.
* Waypoints' shadow opacity will now depend on the sunlight level.
+ Added built-in automatic mod updater as a Patreon reward.
Update b1.1.1 (MC 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Fixed world map GUI not rendering for certain people.
Update b1.1 (MC 1.10.2, 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.7.10):
* Major bug fixes! Mainly the bug where huge areas disappeared from the map.
* Huge GUI performance improvement.
* Improved chunk loading algorithm/speed.
* Map will now save height values for future use. Chunks loaded prior to this update won't have correct height values saved until you override them. This will not affect anything until I do something with it in the future.
- Removed forced Vsync. I still recommend using it though.