Laura Zats and Erik Haneis creating Print Run, a Publishing Podcast
Select a membership level
Once a month, we will select agent queries from Print Run's submission pile and will critique and workshop them (anonymously) on-air. If you're a fledgling writer or are deep in the query trenches, this is your opportunity to find out exactly what agents are looking for!
· First Pages Show: similar to the Query Show, we go line by line (anonymously) through submitted First Pages, critiquing and discussing ways to engage your reader in the crucial opening moments of your novel. What makes an agent stop reading, and what has them clamoring for more?
· Flexisode: this changes monthly, and all topics are submitted by listeners like you! This episode can be an #askprintrun, a discussion of a specific aspect of the publishing biz, specialized critique episodes, and more!
Please note that we will only review a work on-air once, so choose carefully!
Welcome to our Patreon. If you’re here, you probably know what we are: a podcast by literary agents Laura Zats and Erik Hane, in which we talk about things like writing, publishing, and all the ways these things can be equal parts meaningful, comedic, and absurd. (NOTE: mostly absurd.) You know already that you can listen to most of our episodes for free in all the usual places you find your podcasts, as well as our website: www.printrunpodcast.com.
And so, you ask, why donate to the Patreon?
Great question. By donating to us here, you gain access to our set of Premium Episodes, designed specifically for writers trying to improve their craft and find an agent or a publisher.
Right now, we’re featuring three different monthly Premium Episodes:
- Query Show: Line-by-line critiques of submitted queries from real authors. We talk about the fundamentals of an effective pitch, and talk specifically about what is and isn’t working in a given query. Full of tips to raise your project’s chances of being requested by agents! (For $3 subscribers)
- First Pages Show: similar to the Query Show, we go line by line through submitted First Pages, critiquing and discussing ways to engage your reader in the crucial opening moments of your novel. (For $8 subscribers)
- Writing by Reading: a craft discussion that dissects a notable passage of published work, with an eye toward how we as writers can learn from standout contemporary authors.
- Synopsis Critiques: Just like the Query Show and the First Pages Show, but with synopses!
- Q&A: Everything you've ever wanted to know, from publishing etiquette to the color of Erik's pants
- Publishing RPG: Join Intern Jane and Intern Kevin on batty publishing-themed adventures during their time at The Good Book House.
Along with making sure you get the premium content, your donation also helps us make Print Run the absolute best it can be. With your support, we can pay our bills and spend more time researching, finding guests, and putting together each and every episode. We love doing this. You love listening. Your donation makes sure both of those things keep happening, and that Print Run only continues to get better with time. Let’s keep the conversation going.
Thanks for your support! And thanks most of all for listening.
—Laura and Erik