Your patronage will support my work on race, racism in the law which has been going on over 50 years. Twenty years ago, I started my website, "Race, Racism and the Law". Race, Racism And The Law considers race, racism and racial distinctions in the law. It examines the role of domestic and international law in promoting and/or alleviating racism. The website provides selected abstracts and excerpts of law review articles. http://racism.org. Currently, it has over 900 articles.
I started did it as a service to the community. First the site was located at the University of Dayton's academic website. About 10 years ago, I moved the site to racism.org. It has always been advertisement free. Financially, I supported my website through my grants from the University and as a part of my service to the community. Five years ago, I retired so access to student and financial support is limited.
Neverthless, even though I am in my 70's, I would love to work including the website for the another 20 years.
My goals are to:
- continue regular updates on the website on at least a quarterly basis but preferably monthly. Funding from Pateron will help pay for server space, student research assistant time and other routine expenses.
- expand content on reparations, implicit bias, school-to-prison pipeline and health disparities
- write a booklet on the DAEUS - Descendants of Africans Enslaved in the United States and the importance of equitable reparations.
- travel and speak on the importance of collecting data on DAEUS.
- write my memoirs on being raised during Jim Crow in the South and being among the first wave of African Americans to gain access through Affirmative Action.
- develop a webinar course on "Race, Racism and the Law".
- write a book on race, racism and the law. Currently, there is only one book directed to the general public on the topic.
Yours in Love and in the struggle,
Prof. Vernellia Randall