Hello, I’m making interactive porn, synthetic smut, if you will.
iCandy The Prototype Preview (NSFW)
The current prototype is available to download for free, in both VR and regular ol’ desktop versions. It’s a small example of the full release, and it gives you an idea of where this project is going.
If you want to support the development of this project consider becoming a contributor!
Thinking of supporting?
Before you pledge please note that this is a project mid-development, not a finished product. As a Patreon backer at the Beta and Experimental levels you'll be getting builds that are in-progress. In the worse case there will be game breaking bugs (though those are rare), but likely there will be little glitches, animation issues, or other bugs. Being part of this process you're helping me identify these issues, and I'll do my best to solve them in subsequent releases.
Your feedback helps me shape the project, and your support allows me to continue the development!
Also fyi, this is a solo project. I'm just one dude. I currently put in as much time as possible on evenings and weekends, but until the campaign reaches a level where I can safely quit one of my part time jobs, I'll be putting in long hours to make this thing happen!
A little more detail about the reward tiers:
- Patreon Exclusive Content - You get some Patreon exclusive content & NSFW images & video. This is more "behind the scenes" than the public content I post in other places.
- Feedback Polls - Occasionally I'll post polls, clothing designs, sex positions, hardware preferences, etc. Feel free to vote on previously gathered polls if you like, I do check back over them occasionally.
- Beta Releases - These are generally big updates roughly every 2-3 months containing many new, and hopefully stable feature & content releases. I generally post an overview at the start of each Beta "phase" with the planned content, although this sometimes changes a little during the development.
- Experimental Features - The experimental builds are more frequent, usually 1 per-month, and contain content that is fresh off the press. With the experimental builds I'm often looking for feedback & testing of specific new content, so this reward tier will get you the most engaged in the development process if that's your jam!
Where's the project going?
I have a public production plan posted here: iCandy Trello Board which gives you insight into the features planned, and their planned release schedule.
The current prototype is just a proof of concept. The full release will have more extensive options to customize and control the experience. Many of the features below have begun to be implemented and are available in the latest beta release:
- VR Motion Controls: Support for Vive controllers and Oculus touch to provide the most immersive VR experience.
- Interactive Body Animation: A large portion of development time has been spent building a hybrid system that uses both animation and interactive controls.
- More Positions: Two positions are currently implemented in the latest beta, missionary & cowgirl. I'll be adding 4 additional positions for the full release.
- Gender Selection and modification of yourself and your partner. M+F, F+F, F+M, M+M… you get the idea.
- Character Improvements: More controls for manipulating the character's physical appearance, including savable presets, hair & makeup control, better facial adjustments, ethnicity & likenesses.
- Facial Animation & Personalities: The current prototype has a version 1 of my facial animation system – I’ll be continuing to develop and refine that, as well as developing a better AI system with the potential for different character personalities.
When is it going to be done?
Initially I was hoping to release by the end of 2017, but that proved overly ambitious given the number of features I'm planning on implementing. Given my rate of progress so far the final release will likely be mid-2018. However, if this campaign reaches a point where I can transition and focus 20+ hours/week on the project that timeline could move up.
The final price?
I expect the full release to cost between $10-$15. If your contributions during development are equal or greater than the final price you’ll receive a free download key via Patreon.
Download & Instructions
Download PC Build (Desktop, Oculus, Vive)
Download Mac Build (Desktop Only)
The game has VR selection in-game in the main menu sequence. Refer to the setup doc provided in the download for VR setup help.
The game doesn't require any installation, it will run straight from the executable. If you are prompted to "trust" the application just hit allow/continue.
I’ve done my best to make a smooth & seamless experience for both VR and non-VR users, as well as supporting several input methods (Keyboard/Mouse, Xbox Controller, Oculus Remote, Vive Controller). If you experience any game-breaking bugs, or places that could be improved, please consider supporting the project and sending me a message through Patreon. Any details about how you encountered the bug will help me track it down!
This is my first time releasing anything for VR, so I’m not expecting everything to work perfectly (partly the reason why this prototype is free). I’ll be stoked about positive, or critical feedback – keep in mind the success of this project is entirely dependent on my motivation to make it, so don’t be a dick unless you want to kill my motivation and crush my dreams!
Thanks for reading! Consider pledging if you like what you see and want to see more.