Purposefully Ridiculousis creating Joyous Interactive Performance Art
Select a membership level
* Ridiculator Sticker
* Satisfaction of supporting the spread of sacred silliness
- signed, Absurdly Yours
* Ridiculator Sticker
* 15% discount on all Tutu Nebula tutus
* Patron only posts
* Entrance into raffle for a custom tutu from Tutu Nebula (the official tutu of Purposefully Ridiculous.)
* Monthly warm afterglow of affirming a state of absurdity in the world. Well done.
You are so cool.
This level of support will help buy tulle, ribbon, art supplies, and other tools of ridiculating proper. With this kind of sponsorship, we can offer more events to community groups and non-profits for free or deeply discounted rates. You are providing access to wonderment!
* Access to monthly interactive vlog and patron only posts
* Each year you get to pick your favorite a photo of the year, and we will mail you a copy autographed by the co-founders of Purposefully Ridiculous.
* 15% off all Purposefully Ridiculous events and bookings
* Entrance into raffle for an custom tutu from Tutu Nebula (the official tutu of Purposefully Ridiculous.)
* Ridiculator Sticker
* Youthful vigor and vitality. You hair may even bounce.
My name is Angelina Blasich; I am the co-founder and Chief Ridiculator of Purposefully Ridiculous. We are on a mission to spread joy and promote healing through shared acts of purposeful and inspired absurdity. We come to make art out of this moment and reach across perceived boundaries. We invite you to to step in time with your fear and self-consciousness. Dance and experience yourself in connection with other humans, being Purposefully Ridiculous.
Watch our TEDx talk, recorded September 14th, 2019 in Provincetown, MA. Video can be found here: https://youtu.be/-AJYwAPxjkU
Purposefully Inclusive of every age, gender, race, economic status, presentation, and ability, we invite everyone we encounter to play along. We provide light-hearted encouragement to move from a space of assumption, fear, and judgement toward active participation in the Purposefully Ridiculous. We invite you to scroll through the hundreds of photos on Facebook: Purposefully Ridiculous on Facebook; Instagram: Purposefully Ridiculous on Instagram; and Twitter: Purposefully Ridiculous @livewhimsy on Twitter. In the past 3 years, almost 3000 people have taken this tutued journey with us, and we are deeply grateful!
Great, I love it!
I want to support the spread of this Purposefully Ridiculous mission.
Why do you need my money for all of this?
Let me tell you about some of our Purposefully Ridiculous Programming
- Ridiculous Calls to Public Action: (Pop-up gifts of interactive art) Bands of volunteer ridiculators answer the call and take to public spaces with parades of tutued silliness, movement, and music, magically engaging strangers-no-more with their own deepest freedoms. We have ridiculated malls, hospitals, parks, schools, nursing homes, eateries, sporting events, grocery stores, and programs for the developmentally disabled. We are on a mission to tulle to world and wrap it in ridiculous!
- Pop-up Freedom Festivals: (Free for community) Sponsored Community Engagement/Outreach events where children and adults are invited to play and create. All are encouraged to outwardly express themselves as artists, dancers, and the silly sparkly beings they are inside. We have held sponsored and benefit Pop-up Freedom Festivals in NY and Massachusetts. Festivals have raised funds for children's musical and theater programs, and a 3 year old with brain cancer.
- MoonPack Project: (Free to shelters, food banks, and individuals in need) We collect women's hygiene and comfort products to provide menstrual options for homeless and under-resourced women. Each MoonPack contains tampons, pads, wipes, cocoa/cider, chocolate, and snacks. MoonPack collections are ongoing with multiple drop off sites in two counties.
- Ridiculous Social Media Moral Support: We are continuously reaching out to support the mental and emotional health of our community, and providing a touchstone for silliness in times of sorrow. We utilize social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and have established Www.PurposefullyRidiculous.com. With your support, we look forward to hiring professional help for our beloved website: adding music, videos, scrolling photo albums, as well as links to events and Ridiculous Calls to Action.
Purposeful Means Sustainable
- Organizational Retreats: Our most recent retreat offered over 100 Hospice nurses, aides, social workers, and volunteers an opportunity to celebrate life and engage in purposeful play. Organizers stated it was the most successful and participatory event in their retreat history. Offerings will be custom created for your organizational needs. Examples of past offerings include Self Care for the Caregiver, Purposefully Ridiculous Risk-taking for Innovative Leaders, Creating Safety Through Silly (for survivors), and Ridiculously (Re)Engaged Morale Boosting Retreats.
- Motivational Speaking: All people. All walks of life. We are all working through challenges. We all need a boost and tools/tulles to choose and share joy.
- Parties and Private Event Ridiculation: From backyard parties to Community wide events, Purposefully Ridiculous will help create the most memorable, engaging, and entertaining event your guests have ever attended.
- Character appearances: Libertine, the Freedom Faerie, (as seen at the New York Faerie Festival) the JETS Fairy, (as seen on YouTube)
- Corporate Events and Promotions: Morale is about being valued and appreciated. Marketing is about being remembered. Both work best when people walk away with positive feelings after engaging in an uplifting experience. Forget the pitch, give your community (clients, members, employees) a gift of ridiculous proportion.
Purposefully Ridiculous offers trauma and special needs informed programming.
Ridiculate /rəˈdi kyə lāt/ verb: 1. Share joy by engaging others in purposeful, communal acts of silliness. Often involves tutus, music, and dancing. May elicit sensations of inner freedom and outer euphoria. 2. Seek consent to affix colorful fabric (or other such nonsense) onto a stranger, thereby elevating their outfit to a realm of ridiculous on purpose.
Ridiculator noun: 1: Super heros who instigate, incite, and facilitate purposeful acts of shared joy and creative expression; 2. Ambassadors of sacred silliness who foster space for, public creation of, and engagement with art and shared whimsy. (The network of professional and volunteer Ridiculators, providing ridiculous as needed, are referred to as the PRN.)
Moral of the story: We need more tutus!