Quasar Framework is an MIT licensed open source project and completely free to use. However, the amount of effort needed to maintain and develop new features for the project is not sustainable without some financial backing.
If you are enjoying the productivity of using Quasar Framework, consider donating as a sign of appreciation - like buying me coffee once in a while :) But that's not the only way of helping Quasar. You can also come forward with your ideas on new or current features on Github or give a helping hand with a PR.
What is Quasar?
Quasar is the ultimate framework (powered with Vue) that you'll need when developing:
* A (responsive) website
* A PWA (Progressive Web App)
* A Mobile App (Android, iOS, ...) through Cordova
* An Electron App
Soon, you'll be able to develop SSR (Server Side Rendering) websites and Browser extensions too!
Write code once then simultaneously deploy as website, PWA, Mobile App and/or Electron App using the same base-code. All it takes is just changing a parameter to the build command.
Quasar offers very fast web components so you can design an app in record time. And it's not just about components. When using Quasar you won't need additional heavy libraries like Hammerjs, Momentjs or Bootstrap. It got that covered too, and with a small footprint!
Because of what is offered out of the box, detailed below. Follow our Twitter account for testimonials.
- All Platforms in One Go - One source code for all platforms simultaneously: responsive desktop/mobile website, PWAs (Progressive Web Apps), native mobile Apps (that really look native!) and Electron apps.
- Top class, fast web responsive components - There's almost a component for every needs you might have. All these components are carefully crafted to offer the best possible experience to your users, including well designed responsiveness. Quasar is designed with performance & responsiveness in mind -- so the overhead of using Quasar is barely noticeable. We take great pride in this.
- Best practices integrated by default - You don't need to worry about what the best practices in web development are. You get that for free out of the box. HTML/CSS/JS minification, cache busting, tree shaking, sourcemapping, code-splitting & lazy loading, ES6 transpiling, linting code. This just barely scratches the surface. Quasar takes care of this for you. No configuration needed.
- Two Themes (more to come) - Material theme and iOS theme.
- Progressively migrate your existing project - Quasar offers an UMD (Unified Module Definition) version which means you can add a CSS and JS HTML tag into existing project and you're ready to use it. No build step is required.
- Unparalleled developer experience through Quasar CLI - You'll benefit from:
- State preserving hot-reload when you make changes to your source code, no matter if you develop a PWA, a Mobile App (directly on your phone or on an emulator) or an Electron app. Change code and watch it get updated on the fly, without the need of any page refresh.
- State preserving compilation error overlay.
- Lint-on-save with ESLint -- if you like linting your code only
- ES6 code transpiling
- Changing build options won't require you to manually reload the dev server
- ... Again, this is barely scratching the surface.
- Get up to speed fast - The top class starter kit will make it easy for you to get up to speed. Bring an idea to reality in record time. All the heavy lifting is done for you, not by you. You will just need to focus on your features and let the boilerplating be done by Quasar.
- Awesome ever-growing community - Whenever you got a problem you can't or don't know yet how to solve, visit Quasar forum or Gitter chat. The community is there to help you.
- Wide platform support - Google Chrome, Firefox, IE11/Edge, Safari, Opera, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry.
- Great documentation - Finally, it's worth mentioning about the huge amount of time that is spent on writing great, bloat free, focused, complete documentation pages so that you can quickly pick up Quasar. There will be no room for confusion.
Backing up this project ensures timely responses and fixes to all issues.
There are a lot of features waiting to be written so any help is highly appreciated.
Quasar's aim is to become the defacto choice when developing with Vue.