One thing that you’ve asked for over and over again is an online community. We held off because we wanted to make sure that when we did it, we did it right.
We are so excited to announce Sanctuary Collective, Queer Theology’s online community.
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- Online discussions. Each week we’ll pose a new question for discussion, offer our own perspectives, and moderate the discussion. A new question comes out each week but the discussion can continue on as long as you’re interested in it
- Book club. Every other month we’ll read a new book together, alternating between non-fiction theological books and fiction books that we find exciting and inspiring. There will be an on-going textual discussion as well as a Google Hangout
- Exclusive monthly hangouts. Google Hangouts were a popular part of Queer Theology in our early days but they got too popular and now we have to do Hangouts On-AIr. We’re hosting monthly Hangouts exclusively for Sanctuary Collective members.
- Free access to Reading Queerly. Enjoy free access to our premium online course, Reading Queerly for as long as you’re a member of Sanctuary Collective
- Free subscription to Spit & Spirit. Get access to our every back issue of Spit & Spirit and free, early access to new issues
Figuring out the technical, logistical considerations was one of the major things that was holding us back from launching an online community sooner. Then we realized we already had everything we need in Patreon.
To join Sanctuary Collective, all you need to do is become a patron of Queer Theology at $1/month or more.
We’re taking a risk here. Folks have told us that an online community is worth more than $1/month to them. And we know that keeping it running is going to take a lot of work on our part. If you can support the work of Queer Theology through Sanctuary Collective at a higher amount, we will be so grateful. We even have a few additional perks for supporters at those levels.