Brian & Shay / Queer Theologyis creating resources for LGBTQ Christians & Supporters
A HUGE thank you from the bottom of our hearts at helping to keep the podcast, videos, articles, and resources coming. If you’re on Twitter, we’d love to shoutout a thank you there too.
Plus, on-going access to our Patreon-only feed.
Everything above plus...
Get early access to podcast episodes and special Patreon-only bonus episodes.
You'll also get early access to YouTube videos and special resources (think: LGBTQ Christian Guide to Self Care)
You are providing a solid base for this work. You’ll get everything above, plus...
Full access to Sanctuary Collective, our online community + collection of more in-depth resources.
Discounts on LGBTQ+ Christian merchandise and printed resources — shirts, posters, study guides, and more
About Brian & Shay / Queer Theology
“I'm here because recently my daughter came out as gay. She's 15. I have been a born again Christian for 20+ years. I'm here to learn more and to be completely there for my daughter and to feed and deepen my newfound understanding of scripture”
“Your work saved my life”
Every day we get messages from LGBTQ people and the parents and pastors of LGBTQ people. From listeners and readers in over 200 countries.
Each one these messages is a blessing and a responsibility. They are daily reminders of why we started this work: to connect our head and our heart, to spread the gospel message of justice and freedom, and to live into God’s abundant love for us. We love being on this journey with you.
We’re at a critical moment in that journey, though, and we need your help. This work that has touched and transformed so many lives is not sustainable.
QueerTheology.com turned six this year, and we recently published our 300th episode of the podcast. Since we started all those years ago with a one-page website that Brian designed while in the middle of a move to Queens, we’ve produced a lot.
QueerTheology.com’s library now includes
- dozens of LGBTQ Christian videos that have been viewed hundreds of thousands of times.
- hundreds of LGBTQ Christian articles that have been read nearly 1 million times
- an LGBTQ Christian take on 300 Bible passages, shared as a weekly Bible podcast with thousands of weekly listeners
We’ve done all of this at significant personal cost. We can’t keep going like we have. We need your help.
Will you become a monthly support to help sustain and grow the work of QueerTheology.com?
Here’s what we hope to do with the funding going forward:
- Take care of ourselves a little bit. We’re making less than $2/hour right now, have significant student loan debt. Brian recently lost his job, and neither of us have employer-provided health insurance.
- Produce extended episodes. We hit our podcast hosting limit just about every month. With this funding, we’ll be able to produce longer episodes featuring community stories, interviews with experts, and spotlights on partners doing important work.
- Record an original theme song. We’ve asked Jess Garcia, an amazingly talented queer Christian singer, songwriter, and worship leader to produce an original theme song for us.
- Hire a queer podcast editor & producer. Jess is also an audio producer who will take the audio reigns to make the podcast sound silky sweet.
- Produce a bunch of podcast mini-series. We’ve heard so many of your stories and we want to share them with the world. We’re planning a Musician Series, an Activist Series, a Parent Series, a Sex & Relationship Series, and more.
We can only do this if we have the funding in place to support it.
If the podcast and other resources at QueerTheology.com have been meaningful to you, will you support us monthly so that we can continue this work?
A note about levels: we worked to keep the levels as low as possible to make the additional perks as accessible as possible. If you’re able to give more, we’d be tremendously grateful. If you’d like to have a conversation to hear how we’d use a higher level of funding, you can schedule a call here (we’d also be happy to put together a custom perk package).
We also have a limited number of podcast sponsorship spots available, email us at [email protected] to learn more.
When we hit this milestone, we'll be able to continue the podcast as well as the other resources on QueerTheology.com
- weekly LGBTQ+ Bible podcast, now with extended episodes
- podcast mini-series including The Activist Series, The Musician Series, The Sex & Relationships Series, and more
- inspirational quotes, delivered by email every morning
- weekly articles
- occasional videos
- and more!