So, you want to know what this is all about?
Quimperfect Tense wishes to support and encourage people to write more.
Our main aims are as follows:
- To promote strong women’s voices.
- To publish creative writing geared towards people who like to read about empowered/empowering/inspirational women and men.
- To provide a focus on work that treats women well as protagonists.
- To portray adult lives, situations and scenarios in which women matter.
- To try to answer the question - what happens when women are written about in a manner that isn't just "for women" but also for women?
Your funding will enable us to:
- pay our contributors - we believe all creatives should be paid for their work
- increase our content - the magazine will begin small, but with your support it will grow
- run more workshops - one of our main interests lies in encouraging new writers, which will help to diversify the range of work we showcase
- pay our designer, and create a beautiful, professional-looking magazine
- pay ourselves for creating the zine
- offer workshop bursaries to students and underprivileged writers
With Patreon you can choose how much you want to pay us. You select a pledge level (this can be at one of our reward levels listed below, or a different number entirely), and Patreon will take that amount from you every time we publish the ezine. This should be no more than once a month but you are welcome to set a cap for your monthly pledge to ensure that you won't end up paying more!