We saw a gap in the creative use of technology (beyond just a text and image website) to bring our stories alive for this generation that is used to swiping a screen instead of reading a book.
Quist makes queer history (we call it quistory) accessible to people (especially youth) through:
- A free mobile app
- In-person workshops
- A YouTube series
- Social media campaigns
The demand for our programming in 2015 was 200% higher than 2014 and we can't meet the demand alone. We want to keep putting out blog posts, new app historical content, videos, hashtags, and presentations but it is a full-time job and comes with expenses like hosting and travel.
How does Patreon work?
Our free content is still free, but for those that can support the costs that it takes to make it free for everyone can now give $1 or more per month to support the free content we release. You can cancel your recurring donation at any time.
What content am I supporting?
Your donation will cover LGBTQ history education such as:
- YouTube videos (average 1-2 per month)
- New historical events or locations added to the mobile app (average 20 per month)
- In-person presentations at a conference, LGBTQ youth event, school, or other venue (average twice per month)
- Online presentation via webinar or remote Skype presentation (average 3-4 per year)
- Campaigns on social media related to LGBTQ history (average 2-3 per year)
Some examples of our work:
- 26,000 downloads of our mobile app that displays 1,000+ historical events and 600+ historic locations
- 40+ presentations so far (1-2 per month on average) to colleges, youth conferences, business conferences, history events, and youth groups
- Launched #DonateATicket in response to the Stonewall movie
Be a part of quistory!