My name is Raffaele Terracciano, but you can call me Rafter. I have a thing for languages, and this has really shaped the way I am and the way I see the world. I try to learn as many as I can, as much as I can, in the most efficient possible way, and having gone through this process for a few languages, and for 10+ years, I love to share my point of view on the matter. Learning a language doesn’t have to be boring, I think I can help you find your way to enjoy the process, and I hope I will inspire you to start your language adventures.
As you probably know, I have a blog and a Youtube channel, Rafter’s Languages, where I talk about how to learn languages and everything else language-related. Both the blog and the YouTube channel are completely free for everybody to access, with no Premium or VIP videos or posts. But as you can imagine, doing videos and blog posts, and marketing, and graphics and so on… (yes, I do everything by myself) takes away quite some time… you know, time that could be spent selling my body and soul doing some devilish cubicle job in order for somebody to get richer and richer, or doing all sorts of other not-so-funny lucrative activities.
So, what is my business model? Well, I don’t plan on running ads on the blog because I think that generally they translate into an awful user experience, or are just distracting most of the times.
My business plan is to finance the project by selling online courses, and, at least in the early stages, offering 1-on-1 coaching sessions: I don’t know for how long, because they are really time consuming, so I will probably limit them in some way, at some point, depending on how things go.
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
But maybe you have already read something I wrote, or videos I made, you liked what you saw and you want to keep on being engaged with my content from a privileged perspective. Or maybe you just want to be part of a new interesting, language-loving community, and you want to show your support to me and my project… So, I decided to give you the opportunity to do so, here on Patreon.
Not having a consistent income can be pretty stressful, and trying to make ends meet is a lot of work. On the other side, to be able to count on a steady flow coming from enthusiasts that respect and like what I do can be a great motivation, and can allow me to just focus on what I like to do and possibly what I do best: learning languages and helping you do the same!
So, will you help me reach my goals?
SOME REWARDS EXPLAINED
Rewards are shown here on the right side of this page. But here’s a few extra things you might want to know about some of them:
- -Badges. No, they are no real diamond and gold badge… Come on… I wouldn’t have a Patreon page if I could send those shiny things your way… :-P They are just little image files, designed and created by me, with your name on it
- -The Patron of Month award will be given to those eligible, at the end of each month, based on their activity and contribution to this community. You can only get it once a year, unless every other eligible user has already received one. You win a badge and Italki credits to practice languages with a tutor.
- -The Patron of the Year award will be given to those eligible, at the end of the year, based on their activity and contribution to this community. You win a badge, one or more courses, Italki credits, and more.
- -The Loyal Patron Award will be given to those eligible, based on their continuous support to the project, at the end of the year. You win a badge, one or more courses, Italki credits, and more.
- -There are 2 pages on the blog for me to thank my patrons: one is the “Thank you” page, and one is the more exclusive “Special Thanks”
- -My “Daily Language Practice” is the way I keep practicing some of my languages: daily 15 minutes conversations with a native: it would be great if we can use this to video-meet
- -E-mail hashtags are hashtags that we will use when exchanging e-mails, to make sure you patrons are replied to before anybody else