Good question. Patreon is a new platform that allows me to release my newest videos, essays and songs directly to supporters who contribute $1 or more every time I release something.
If you like the music I make and want to support me in creating more of it, Patreon is the place. Just click the big orange "Become A Patron Button" up there to the right to get started!
What I Release On Patreon:
- Songs: Brand new songs, previously unreleased studio recordings, new versions of older songs, cover songs, requests from Patrons and more
- Music videos: Cover songs, concept videos, concert videos, song premiers, behind-the-scenes videos and more
- Essays: Each post is accompanied by a look into the creative process. I also post free updates exclusively for Patrons called "Becca's Brain" - these posts dive into behind-the-scenes details of my writing, performing and recording process that I don't share anywhere else on the internet.
- Chord Charts: Since launching my Patreon page, I've begun releasing chord charts and lyrics for songs that I've already released, along with background into and live recordings.
- Other Delights: I have a few other creative ideas simmering, and Team Becca supporters on Patreon will be the very first folks to know about them!
Why I make music:
1) I'm convinced that music is magical and has the power to make the world a better place.
2) I feel drawn to create and perform because it's the best tool I have to elevate joy and make life's challenges more bearable and hopefully outright pleasurable for my fellow humans. It allows me to create community and bring people together. It's my mission on earth.
When you subscribe to my Patreon feed, you become part of the team. You'll get early (and sometimes exclusive) access to my newest work and we'll have ongoing discussions about the creative process in the comments of each post. Not only will you get a look under the hood of my creative process, but you'll become part of the engine.
What I love about the basic philosophy of this site is that I'm not asking any one person for a bajillion dollars. Don't get me wrong - if you have a bajillion dollars and would like to share them with me, I'd be thrilled to turn those dollars into art. But the main idea behind Patreon is that if a lot of people contribute a little bit every time I make something, those little dollars can add up to a strong base of support. That strong base provides me with the stability I need to feel comfortable spending long hours flailing around in the muck of the creative process, panning for gold.
I'm excited to have this page as a hub to bring us closer together - it's our little corner of the internet where I can interact more personally with people who feel a connection to my music.
How Does It Work?
- As a Patron, you decide how much you'd like to pay per release
- Access to the Patron-Only Feed starts at $1
- All Patrons receive access to all posts, regardless of contribution level
- At the beginning of the month, you'll be charged based on the number of releases from the previous month.
- I post an average of twice per month
- You can set a cap in your "Settings" to make sure you never contribute more per month than you intend.
- If you know exactly how much you want to contribute per month, I recommend choosing that number (say, "One Billion") and then setting a cap of 1 contribution per month.
- If I don't post anything in a given month, you don't pay anything
- Some of these releases will be exclusive to Patreon and some will also be released to the general public.
Patreon is the center of my creative universe, the gathering place for my community and the best place for you to participate in the process of bringing my music into the world.
Funny thing is, this is nothing new. Artists have been supported by Patrons for centuries and my career has always been a collaboration with my audience. I'm so very grateful that you're a part of my life and my journey as a working musician and I'm thrilled that you may be thinking about joining me on this exciting next step.
Deep breath, here we go....!
PS: Do you have questions? I'd love to hear them - feel free to reach out any time: [email protected]